216     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 376     1 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 772     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I'm getting carried away but...just imagine rob being arrested in his haunted office and being led away in cuffs in a full Halloween costume. It's at the point where that wouldn't even phase me.

Nobody's getting arrested tomorrow, but it is the start of Act III.

Time to start taking bets on who gets mentioned in the first release. I'll vote for:

- Lisi (obviously)
- Price
- R Ford
- Basso
- Don Bosco

And no mention of:

- D Ford
- Towhey

Last edited:
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201..._toronto_mayor_with_police_investigation.html

Now containing video of Mr. Mayor. He keeps repeating "I can't comment on anything before the courts" and ends with "No comment" when asked if he has spoken with Lisi. Love the condescending question at the end "You're in a very different mood than when you showed us your haunted house, is this weighing on your mind?"

If there's anything to make me think we won't see Ford's name, it's this:

What will not be released and is subject to further legal arguments is the portions of the document that the Crown says is not “essential” to the criminal investigation.
That section, the Crown said, identifies what he called “innocent parties” - people who were not arrested as part of the investigation.

It could be argued that since Ford wasn't specifically arrested with respect to the Lisi charges, he'd fall under this exemption.

Nobody's getting arrested tomorrow, but it is the start of Act III.

Time to start taking bets on who gets mentioned in the first release. I'll vote for:

- Lisi (obviously)
- Price
- R Ford
- Basso
- Don Bosco

And no mention of:

- D Ford

I'm going to throw the dry cleaner's name in to the hat. Given that the only arrest so far with these folks happened at the dry cleaner's, there must be some sort of underlying significance to it. Possible that's where Ford's goods were dropped off to be delivered with his morning suit and pants.

Please tell me this isn't going to be another one of those "Geraldo Rivera open's Al Capone's Secret Vault" busts, though, right?! PLEASE tell me that? And that there is actual incriminating content in there? I just don't think I can stand any more of this :eek:

Think of all the patience you've exercised over the last year or so. Just a little more... ;)

But for real though: look at Rob's behaviour in the last week---the cannon's been a little looser than usual, no? I would certainly say so. The extremely intoxicated haunted house interview was enough for me to detect a strong trace of "fiddling while Rome burns."

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201..._toronto_mayor_with_police_investigation.html

Now containing video of Mr. Mayor. He keeps repeating "I can't comment on anything before the courts" and ends with "No comment" when asked if he has spoken with Lisi. Love the condescending question at the end "You're in a very different mood than when you showed us your haunted house, is this weighing on your mind?"

If there's anything to make me think we won't see Ford's name, it's this:

It could be argued that since Ford wasn't specifically arrested with respect to the Lisi charges, he'd fall under this exemption.

Except the Crown laywer strongly intimated Ford was included in both essential and non essential elements. Plus remember the media lawyer! Tomorrow is going to be interesting.

The repeated uttering of the line "I can't say anything about a case that's before the courts" is beyond ridiculous. Mayors comment on cases all the time. Except when they are involved. He's essentially saying he's involved, no? I wish a journalist would ask "Why are you not able to put the voters at ease?"

Media lawyers will be back in court on Friday regarding the Project Traveller warrants. Justice Ian Nordheimer is also the judge in that case.

The repeated uttering of the line "I can't say anything about a case that's before the courts" is beyond ridiculous. Mayors comment on cases all the time. Except when they are involved. He's essentially saying he's involved, no? I wish a journalist would ask "Why are you not able to put the voters at ease?"

Yeah, that certainly wasn't his mantra when he called into CFRB to give his opinion on the Richard Kachkar case.

I haven't seen the ITO documents and haven't been told what's inside but I've seen my source's face describing them. Barely contained giddiness. There's no doubt that Ford is the target of Brazen II and Lisi and Jay the dry cleaner were collateral arrests. What I want to know is that if such a massive investigation targeted the Mayor, why has he not been charged? I think we'll get some blanks in the story filled in tomorrow.
What we'll see Thursday has been described as the beginning of a "fucking massacre" that Ford is about to be dipped in. Tomorrow is the day folks.

I haven't seen the ITO documents and haven't been told what's inside but I've seen my source's face describing them. Barely contained giddiness. There's no doubt that Ford is the target of Brazen II and Lisi and Jay the dry cleaner were collateral arrests. What I want to know is that if such a massive investigation targeted the Mayor, why has he not been charged? I think we'll get some blanks in the story filled in tomorrow.
What we'll see Thursday has been described as the beginning of a "fucking massacre" that Ford is about to be dipped in. Tomorrow is the day folks.

Bummer.

john lancaster ‏@jlancasterCBC 1h
ITO update. Now told person in Crown's office who will handle redactions and release, is "not in" today. May have to wait till tomorrow.

I shall remain cautiously optimistic :)

I still think that the last radio show was something of a swan song. I know we're on the 3-year anniversary of the election so it's a time for reflection, but the way they were listing of "accomplishments" was akin to a eulogy. I think Ford does believe he can hang on until the next election, but he must also know that the news from this point on is going to get extremely ugly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back