493     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1.4K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 619     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey look! Anti-immigrant, anti-welfare propagandists! And here is the meaty core of good old English Canada showing its true colours.

Unbelievable, someone gives their views and or facts and becuase others do not agree the ugly comes out. I agree the system is being taken advanatge of Everyone knows it. Refuges that come here should be put back ona plane and sent back. How is it possibel a whole plane full of refuges all at once. And we are constanly hearign about these stories either in the puiblic and alrge or privately

Unbelievable, someone gives their views and or facts and becuase others do not agree the ugly comes out. I agree the system is being taken advanatge of Everyone knows it. Refuges that come here should be put back ona plane and sent back. How is it possibel a whole plane full of refuges all at once. And we are constanly hearign about these stories either in the puiblic and alrge or privately

wut?

@goldsbie 6m
Justice Nordheimer is not buying the Crown's argument in favour of giving notice to every named party ahead of the ITO's release.

@goldsbie 5m
"Where do you draw the line with those who are so affected that they should have notice?" asks Nordheimer.

@goldsbie 4m
Justice Nordheimer: "It can't be done on the basis of position. That just strikes me as fundamentally inappropriate." Boom.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/4c35a1056d8627cadabde8c997cfaf9c/tumblr_mfu8zsCDKB1qzpxq3o1_r1_500.gif

Wait, how is the 'ugly' coming out when someone cries foul at racism and class discrimination? But your suggestion that people fleeing persecution, war and hunger (the very definition of 'refugee') be "sent back" is not? Your argument would also carry more weight if it weren't riddled with spelling and grammatical errors. I can't even decipher the final sentence ("and alarge"?? - do you mean "in the public at large"? because it still doesn't make sense).

You've never heard of collusion/price fixing?
A free market still just means a market that's free from government control. Price fixing and collusion are not government controls, those are efforts by landlords to set prices, and recessions and population decreases can hamper those nefarious intentions.

Ah, now it makes sense. Palma is the same guy who remarked a few pages ago "Aren't all three of them Jewish?". I was perplexed then, but gave a 'senior member' the benefit of the doubt.

Interesting comment from the judge just now: "I don't think it's fair to say that Mr. Lisi is the *target* of the investigation." and from Goldsbie: (Rather, he was someone charged in the course of it. Which leaves the question: who or what was being investigated?)

Goldsbie also speculated that should Nordheimer side against the Crown as now sounds fairly likely, the warrants should go public in "about two weeks" although I have no idea on what basis that claim is made.

Jonathan Goldsbie ‏@goldsbie
"Where do you draw the line with those who are so affected that they should have notice?" asks Nordheimer.

Justice Nordheimer: "It can't be done on the basis of position. That just strikes me as fundamentally inappropriate." Boom.

Nordheimer lets this slip: "I don't think it's fair to say that Mr. Lisi is the *target* of the investigation."

Guys, I know I'm not a UT veteran or anything, but can we maybe set the immigration/social housing issue aside and contemplate just how hard Nordheimer is coming down on the Crown and Lisi's lawyer at the moment? And the fact the judge basically spilled the beans that this investigation is not focused on Sandro Lisi which is a HUGE development? And that it seems very likely the warrants will be released sooner than later?

Agreed -- this is significant. It really does seem like everyone is acknowledging that yes, robbie was being investigated without saying his name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back