314     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 433     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 498     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this guy onto something (or just on something)?
https://twitter.com/TheFIXER12

This about sums @fixer12 up for me:
making up stuff is fun.JPG

Attachments

• making up stuff is fun.JPG
    making up stuff is fun.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 488
I don't think TheFIXER12 is the same guy that had the unfuckwithable (or whatever it was) twitter/site (the one that was arrested at Pearson). I've been following TheFIXER12 for months now. I don't know what his deal is.

I don't think they are the same. The guy you are referencing has changed his twitter handle at least twice since he claimed to have the video. He continues to write about he alone has evidence of massive Conservative Party corruption, yet when he blogs about it, he never includes any of the evidence, nor does he enable commenting on his sites for those wondering why his theories are always unsubstantiated. His twitter handle is @unmaudit

Hmm... well, I stand corrected. His claims seem to be just as far-fetched, though - "Toronto Metro Police spent over $275K surveiling Mayor Rob Ford, while he was in Austin Texas. That from DHS aid who was Liason" - and he does like to brag about his 'special skills'.

If he's donating $100,000 to charities, he's getting one hell of a tax break off whatever income he gets from Deco

He cannot donate his City salary unless he receives it first. If he is paid $100,000 by the City (gross taxable income) and donates $100,000 to charity (creating a deduction against gross taxable income) he ends up at $0 (no net taxable income). He could not lawfully deduct the same donation a second time to reduce the taxes on whatever other taxable income he receives from whatever other sources The economic result for him is the same as it would be if he waived his City salary.

Globe and Mail - Councillors question the company Rob Ford is keeping
“The mayor needs to make a decision between his friends and the City of Toronto,” said Councillor Denzil Minnan-Wong, a member of the mayor’s executive committee.

“It shows a level of bad judgment that he associates with people that may have criminal records and who may be involved in buying and selling drugs,” Mr. Minnan-Wong told reporters. “That’s not something that anybody should be proud of. I’d like to see a mayor who stands up for things we do believe in like law and order, who says no to drugs and who takes a hard line on crime. “

Councillor Shelley Carroll, a frequent critic of the mayor, said that if Mr. Ford is under police investigation, he needs to step aside.

“The connection to me would be: Are the police, as a result of investigating Mr. Lisi, are they also investigating Mr. Ford? Then it’s time for the mayor to step down,” she said.

Mr. Ford refused to answer questions Tuesday morning. “We are talking about subways guys – subways, subways and more subways. Keep taxes low. Fight for the taxpayer,” he said.
Article

At this point, he is just resorting to stringing words together... and those words have lost all tangible meaning now.

From the sound of it, Doug does receive his city salary -- the Sun article doesn't say he wouldn't take it but rather than he vowed to give it all to local organizations. That sounds to me like he's going to accept it and then donate it where he wants to, thus generating receipts in his name. So if he is paid $100,000 from the City and $100,000 from Deco (although it's probably a lot more) and then donates $100,000 to registered charities, he could generate himself a nice tax break. I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out that he has done that -- or that he hasn't actually donated the entire $100,000.

It's circulating that the TPS continued surveillance of the Mayor in Austin. Six figure price tag. Imagine how many subways we could build with that...

EDIT: forget it, just realized the source of this claim. Not reliable.

Last edited:
It's circulating that the TPS continued surveillance of the Mayor in Austin. Six figure price tag. Imagine how many subways we could build with that...

EDIT: forget it, just realized the source of this claim. Not reliable.

Long time lurker here...any word on that arrest?

He cannot donate his City salary unless he receives it first. If he is paid $100,000 by the City (gross taxable income) and donates $100,000 to charity (creating a deduction against gross taxable income) he ends up at $0 (no net taxable income). He could not lawfully deduct the same donation a second time to reduce the taxes on whatever other taxable income he receives from whatever other sources The economic result for him is the same as it would be if he waived his City salary.

He'd end up slightly behind. If the City salary is on top of a hefty Deco one, his $100k would be taxed at the top marginal rate of about 46%. The $100k donation would result in a $40k tax credit, so he'd be about $5-6k behind on the deal. This assumes, of course, that he is actually doing what he said he would do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back