4.8K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 691     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
BREAKING: I've received a tip that police have Ford on a wiretap soliciting drugs. Stand by.

unfortunately this has SORT of happened before :(
I still can't believe he got off the hook so easily for telling a guy he'd score oxy for him, especially considering he was clearly on tape saying so.

I hope this isn't the equivalent of nailing Al Capone for tax evasion - IE getting a criminal who has done some really bad stuff into jail on a technicality.
Then again, maybe this is the tip of the iceberg finally breaking the surface and the rest will follow...

unfortunately this has SORT of happened before :(
I still can't believe he got off the hook so easily for telling a guy he'd score oxy for him, especially considering he was clearly on tape saying so.

Totally different circumstance. The Oxy thing was a set up and Ford was just saying shit to get him off the phone. Ford may not have handled in the best way (especially with what we know now) but he gets a pass on that one.

Calling a dealer to score blow and ending up on a wiretap is a wee bit more incriminating.

However, when that story breaks they just have to pull out the sheet that says "Rob Ford is struggling with a medical issue, and has voluntarily entered rehab. We thank all of his supporters for their good wishes and hope he has a speedy recovery. Rob will be back before you know it, fighting waste at City Hall. In the meantime we ask for privacy for him and his family while he gets better."

Totally different circumstance. The Oxy thing was a set up and Ford was just saying shit to get him off the phone. Ford may not have handled in the best way (especially with what we know now) but he gets a pass on that one.

Ford's STORY is that he was saying shit to get him off the phone - and only because he got caught. They should have let it play out to see if he'd appear with Oxy - at this point we know he has the connections to get it so it doesn't make his "Saying shit to get him off the phone" all that believable

Interesting. My prediction was that the wiretap would produce some member of the Ford camp attempting to bargain for the video.

Capone still ended up in prison. I don't really care what particular Rob Ford malfeasance gets him gone from City Hall -- I just want him gone.

Screw that. I want as much of the story laid bare as possible. I want the people who have defended him -- and who still defend him, particularly by attacking people like us and The Star -- to have the whole truth laid on their lap. I want to look them in the eye, drop the microphone, and walk away.

Screw that. I want as much of the story laid bare as possible. I want the people who have defended him -- and who still defend him, particularly by attacking people like us and The Star -- to have the whole truth laid on their lap. I want to look them in the eye, drop the microphone, and walk away.

I certainly understand that sentiment, and ideally that's what would happen. But I'm more concerned about saving this city than telling some bumpkins "I told you so".

I agree with Gavin.
In some ways, this city is already split beyond serious repair. We will need to enter into a period of rebuilding any way you look at (with or without Ford.)
Ford Nation are enablers, and addicted in their own way to a false vision of reality. Sometimes when enablers are shown the cold hard truth, the cracks in their false vision start to let enough light in, to start to see things clearly.

Interesting. My prediction was that the wiretap would produce some member of the Ford camp attempting to bargain for the video.

That's a different investigation. The Ford's, 2 of his staff and others are allegedly being investigated for obstruction of justice.

I certainly understand that sentiment, and ideally that's what would happen. But I'm more concerned about saving this city than telling some bumpkins "I told you so".

So am I, but why not both?

I agree with Gavin.
In some ways, this city is already split beyond serious repair. We will need to enter into a period of rebuilding any way you look at (with or without Ford.)
Ford Nation are enablers, and addicted in their own way to a false vision of reality. Sometimes when enablers are shown the cold hard truth, the cracks in their false vision start to let enough light in, to start to see things clearly.

Agreed. If Ford is charged on what could be perceived as a technicality or lesser charge and the rest of the story lies dormant, then it will galvanize his base to rally around -- if not him again, then possibly someone similar. We need a full course correction.

Sitting on pins and needles right now.

If the media legal team is able to make the argument that Ford's name shouldn't be redacted and that making his involvement public in a timely manner isn't going to affect the investigation and/or is for the greater good of society, then you won't have to sit too long.

MetroMan, any inkling of it/when they stuff will leak to the press? I know that this is the toughest thing to predict, but I'm dying of curiosity.

If the media legal team is able to make the argument that Ford's name shouldn't be redacted and that making his involvement public in a timely manner isn't going to affect the investigation and/or is for the greater good of society, then you won't have to sit too long.

Do your sources think there's any chance of that happening this afternoon ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back