4.9K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 699     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the last election most of Ford's contributions were in small amounts from grass-root supporters and these people are still around as witnessed by the latest Ford-Fest where they turned out in the 10,000's to get their picture taken with Mayor Ford. Another Ford-Fest is planned for next month in Etobicoke where an even bigger turnout of 30,000 is expected!

I don't think you have a very good grasp of crowd sizes.

Those of us who regularly attend stadia, theatres, and lectures where attendance is known can attest that the numbers for Ford's parties haven't come even close to those you mention.

What does 'hard drugs' mean?

In red:

380px-Rational_scale_to_assess_the_harm_of_drugs_%28mean_physical_harm_and_mean_dependence%29.svg.png

I don't think you have a very good grasp of crowd sizes.

Those of us who regularly attend stadia, theatres, and lectures where attendance is known can attest that the numbers for Ford's parties haven't come even close to those you mention.

http://www.citynews.ca/2013/07/05/thousands-attend-ford-fest-bbq/
Thomson Memorial Park can accommodate about 5,000 people, but Ford’s security team says upwards of 10,000 people came out to meet and mingle with the Rob and Doug, and sink their teeth into some juicy burgers.

How dare you question Ford Nation! To be fair, the security team probably got their facts from Kim Jong-Doug - who also helped 40,000 cars through a dark intersection and shot a 25-under round that weekend. Wonder if Lisi was the "security" person quoted.

Damn, if I was clerking with these guys, I'd grab those documents the first chance I got, copy and/or scan them, and send them out to as many people as possible. Of course I guess that's why I'm not in the legal profession :)

Lets start an indiegogo campaign to fund law school for this guy!

BREAKING: I've received a tip that police have Ford on a wiretap soliciting drugs. Stand by.

If this proves true, and we're not talking about soliciting weed, which we all now know Rob Ford "smokes a lot of", then we should all be questioning the TPS here. How can they let this guy remain mayor, knowing what they know. Soliciting drugs is a crime. If they have evidence, how dare they not act on it, particularly when public interest is supposedly at stake?

If this proves true, and we're not talking about soliciting weed, which we all now know Rob Ford "smokes a lot of", then we should all be questioning the TPS here. How can they let this guy remain mayor, knowing what they know. Soliciting drugs is a crime. If they have evidence, how dare they not act on it, particularly when public interest is supposedly at stake?

because if there's a larger case to be made, you don't try to convict him on a much more minor offense. a good lawyer would figure out how to work double jeopardy in there somehow, I'm sure. Better to build the case and hit him with all of the law-breakings at once

And he's the mayor, it's not like he's going to flee the country. Unless he goes to his mom's condo in Florida and refuses to come out.

because if there's a larger case to be made, you don't try to convict him on a much more minor offense. a good lawyer would figure out how to work double jeopardy in there somehow, I'm sure. Better to build the case and hit him with all of the law-breakings at once

I hear you and I understand that this is the other side of the argument. But...they can charge him and continue gather evidence on the other stuff. Everyone is laying low post this whole crack video thing becoming public and in particular after Project Traveller. All they can investigate are things that have already happened. Following this logic, there's a strong argument to be made that the police have given RoFo the benefit of the doubt by allowing him to remain under the radar. Couple this with "public interest", however you interpret this concept, and this thing really starts to stink...

As it's becoming increasingly inevitable that Rob Ford's opponents will fight amongst themselves and propel Ford into the Mayor's chair, what do you think Toronto will look like in 4 years at the end of his term?

Will development stall? Will the province give up on Transit City? What services do you think will be cut? Will festivals like LuminaTO and NuitBlanche collapse from lack of support from City Hall?

Let's make some realistic predictions. Please discuss.

I think by the beginning of his next 4 year term or end of it, us people living in Scarborough, will finally see the wheels in motion to getting Subways.

We vote for Ford because he doesn't act like a puppet, he acts like a human being. And he doesn't have a fake personality like the Liberal "Subway Champion" Mitzy.

We also don't care about silly media stories that don't involve PROOF. It's amazing how an alleged video of ford dragged on for as long as it did, but now we are going to have to listen to a couple months about a bogus wiretap that nobody will every be able to listen to, just like the video nobody ever got to see?

Sorry to rant, but also tell me this. Why is it that when you look on Twitter, most of the people who are against Ford, are completely bullies! In a day of age where bullying is not tolerated anymore, why is it okay for a bunch of trolls to make fun of his weight and nobody to oppose that and say "Hey, he is human too".

Maybe when you guys become HUMAN, you will see why people vote for Ford. If you don't like his policies, then give us someone to vote for who isn't so fake.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back