4.8K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 691     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's not skepticism... i honestly can't wait for you to add insights. i honestly wanted clarification. i value your input a lot. your posts are what got me following this forum in the first place.

I'm glad I could help gather people into this important discussion. Although I don't go anywhere as far as traditional media in verifying sources, I try to parse the information I get and fit it into the bigger story and if it fits, I report it. Still, while I'm flattered that people expect a 100% return on my tips, I must caution against it so skepticism and debate serve a good purpose. The nature of my sources and by virtue of having followed this story years before it became a story, I can provide a good buffer against error. I also possess a pretty good bullshit detector.

I'm glad I could help gather people into this important discussion. Although I don't go anywhere as far as traditional media in verifying sources, I try to parse the information I get and fit it into the bigger story and if it fits, I report it. Still, while I'm flattered that people expect a 100% return on my tips, I must caution against it so skepticism and debate serve a good purpose. The nature of my sources and by virtue of having followed this story years before it became a story, I can provide a good buffer against error. I also possess a pretty good bullshit detector.

Just wanted to chime in and let you know that your insights have been the key reason I've been able to survive this scandal. Honestly, to see what's being done to this city by this Ford nonsense is heartbreaking. Your "more is coming" posts have been a lifeline and kept me from seriously falling into the doldrums. Really, thanks so much. As for that 100% return rate, I think people just really really want everything you say to come to pass exactly as you describe it :)

Toronto Police have interviewed at least five former staffers in Rob Ford's office about attempts to retrieve an alleged video appearing to show the mayor smoking drugs, according to sources close to the mayor’s office.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...er-staff-about-alleged-video/article13829088/

And two of them were subsequently identified as suspects of obstruction of justice. Lying to or misleading detectives and/or destroying evidence are two ways that you can get into that kind of trouble with the police. Let's just say that one no longer works there, and the other we're not sure if they still work there. One is cooperating, the other is not.

Last edited:
The Fords seems to have many Italian associates. Are they themselves Italian? I just realized that I don't know what their background is.

It would be nigh impossible to grow up, live, work, or attend school in Etobicoke when the Fords did without knowing Italians. Most recent phone book listings for his street include: Lisi, Marino. Raso,Di Giulio, Rocca,Marco, and Frustaglio.

There's also a Wm. Blair but not sure if that's the CoP.

The Fidani family, owners of billionaire development corp., Orlando have a lengthy association with the Fords, having been neighbours in childhood and having their Hallandale, FL condos very close together.

Last edited:
And two of them were subsequently identified as suspects of obstruction of justice. Lying to or misleading detectives and/or destroying evidence are two ways that you can get into that kind of trouble with the police. Let's just say that one no longer works there, and the other we're not sure if they still work there. One is cooperating, the other is not.

In case you know of someone who wouldn't mind spilling the beans, if not the video itself, would you mind directing them to this site:

http://wikileaks.org/

At the UT pub night I got some off the record info which I am to keep to myself and I am keeping said poster anonymous. That said, if that poster or his sources wants to to share some of the tidbits as well, I suggest that he checks out that link as well.

Councillor Doug Ford calls Toronto Star story on Rob Ford another attack on his family

“These are all accusations without any corroboration with any witnesses that are willing to be named. It’s just another attack,” he told Green.

[...]

Doug Ford went on to say that “the people are fed up with this tabloid garbage,” and indicated that “every time the Star puts out an article, we have the media chasing us around for a week. All I’m asking is if they can’t prove anything, let us do our job.”

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...on_rob_ford_another_attack_on_his_family.html

Based on past reactions to claims against Ford, I doubt that even a large story by the star will have any meaningful consequences for Ford, unless there is concrete proof such as the crack video.

I think if charges of obstruction of justice came down on the Fords it might have a serious impact. From what I've seen, most rabid Ford supporters have bought into the fiction that there is a media conspiracy against the family. At the same time, they will often be the first to defend the integrity of the Toronto Police. If the TPS were to lay charges, the media conspiracy rationale for their defence of Ford would evaporate, and hopefully some will come their senses that there are other right wing politicians who they can vote for.

For those speculating on the fate of Ford Nation, remember that there are still many, many people in and around Penn State that continue to believe that Jerry Sandusky was railroaded.

Councillor Doug Ford calls Toronto Star story on Rob Ford another attack on his family

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...on_rob_ford_another_attack_on_his_family.html

He denounced the Star story as just "more tabloid garbage" unsubstantiated claims based on "unamed sources" and yet by his own admission he had not read the Star article!

Speaking as a guest on The Roy Green Show, on AM640, Ford admitted he had not read the Saturday Star article by Kevin Donovan and Jayme Poisson, which revealed that police are investigating attempts by two of his brother’s associates to find the video.

What jumps out at me most from this article is entrenched sexism in the family firm. Notice the males all end up with high-paying, management, decision-making positions, but the daughter's job paid $24,000 per year.

I'm quite confident Daddy knew she wasn't the only sibling with problems.

In the Late 70′s I worked for Deco Labels and Tags in Rexdale Ontario now part of Toronto, as a pressman on a Label Printing Press.

Starting in 1977 at the at the time minimum wage of $3.00 an hour I worked on the 3rd largest pres out of about 20 presses producing quality 4 colour labels.I left the job 3 years later having received 3 pay raises (one each year) making …. wait for it…$3.75 an hour!

Do not get me wrong I really enjoyed working there the people were fantastic and the owner at the time was Doug Ford, I can still picture him with his big thick Fur coats and his big car, a Lincoln Town car if I remember correctly.

He kind of reminded me of Harold Ballard who owned the Toronto Maple Leafs at the time. Doug never did pay any of his employees real well when I was there, but he still had a heart of gold. I also had good times with Doug’s son Randy, he was a fun guy, you could compare Randy to Mikey on American Chopper even with the long hair at the time hehe.

http://wilfredreinke.wordpress.com/tag/deco-labels/

MetroMan; said:
The pimp connection was also alluded to, and given today's story, it's become clear where their investigation is focused on: uncovering his network of suppliers.

What is the pimp connection? Did I miss something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back