4.9K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 699     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rob Ford's support would fall away if responsible civic leaders stepped away from him, if they demanded he answer for his actions. But as long as other politicians and media continue to frame all this as our team against their team, and over-zealous scrutiny of the Mayor, his support will stay strong.

In an editorial today, the Sun says they support the mayor's fiscal agenda, and says the Star has a jihad against him. Remember this, the Mayor was drunk driving last weekend, and this weekend we learn that he sent out two enforcers - one being paid by the Mayor's office, the other who appears to be a drug dealer and has been charged with violence - into drug dens to scare up potentially incriminating evidence, and the Sun still legitimizes him as leader.

I no longer live in Scarborough, so Gary Crawford is no longer my representative, but if he was I'd probably be writing an email saying how about instead of painting the Mayor's picture for his mother, and playing in the band at the picnic, you act like a leader and demand he answer questions about his substance abuse and his associations with skeezy characters. "Anything else?" isn't good enough.

Jaye Robinson is really the only person who has stood up on this. As long as everyone else, individual and organization, continues to hedge and pretend this is just about political differences and off-the-clock personal behaviour, or something they can't comment on at this time, then everyone in the public will stay with their team. The dominant narrative gives them that freedom. But if the media began calling the rot for what it is, and more people with clout stepped out to label it that, Ford's support would lose the somewhat moderate people who just don't want to pay more taxes or feel guilty for driving everywhere.

Maybe we need to quit blaming voters in the suburbs, and blame the organizations, politicians, and civic leasers who legitimized him, and who now either by active enabling or just silence, won't hold him to account when he is so obviously unfit for the position he holds.

Maybe we need to quit blaming voters in the suburbs, and blame the organizations, politicians, and civic leasers who legitimized him, and who now either by active enabling or just silence, won't hold him to account when he is so obviously unfit for the position he holds.

+1

Of course this assumes that those organizations, politician and civic leaders are more reasonable than the average suburban "Ford Nation" voter and not just as blindly partisan.

Any voter is free to be as blindly partisan as they want, I suppose. But others in position of power or esteem have greater responsibilities. They should be held to them. Otherwise, I don't know how anyone gets held to account for anything. All you need to do is deny and accuse your opponents to make the story us and against them, instead of just about you.

Based on past reactions to claims against Ford, I doubt that even a large story by the star will have any meaningful consequences for Ford, unless there is concrete proof such as the crack video.
I don't think any story will have much impact, but getting arrested (which I think is more than likely) can't help but put a crimp in his political plans.

The Star has determined that police are not only seeking information on the video, but are probing other activities of the mayor, although police have refused to provide comment to the Star.

So is this implying that the police are looking into MORE than just the obstruction charges we've been talking about?

anyone listening to the chucklehead show on the radio this afternoon? I can't really bear to listen to it myself, but I'm curious to know what they have to say - and if Doug Ford will actually read the article by the time they go to air. I fail to see how it's an attack on his family, considering it's about the police looking into Lisi + others.

anyone listening to the chucklehead show on the radio this afternoon? I can't really bear to listen to it myself, but I'm curious to know what they have to say - and if Doug Ford will actually read the article by the time they go to air. I fail to see how it's an attack on his family, considering it's about the police looking into Lisi + others.

the torontoist does a rob ford radio recap (http://torontoist.com/tag/rob-ford-radio-recap/) each week. their tag line is: Every Sunday, Mayor Rob Ford and his brother Doug host The City, a two-hour talk show on Newstalk 1010. We listen so you don't have to.

not only do lots of rob ford's friends live in basements in etobicoke, ford businesses seem to start / happen there too.

“Justin” recalled descending to the basement on one occasion to buy hash from Mr. Ford, and on numerous other occasions watching as it was sold.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...y-with-drug-dealing/article12153014/?page=all

and...

Doug Ford, Sr., founded a printing business in his basement;

http://www.canada.com/story_print.html?id=b091b99f-e98f-46e1-ae35-82568aa2b0c1&sponsor=

Last edited:
What's Missing from The Star's Latest on Ford's Felonious Friends?

The Star has abandoned the use of the word 'alleged'.

The crack cocaine video.

No one, not The Star, not the cops, not a significant majority of NewsTalk's audience doubts.

Most significantly, The Star's lawyers do not doubt its existence.

I might blog on the story itself, with its plethora of sketchy characters, most of whom live in their parents' basements while driving pricey cars, later.

But for now, I just wanted to point this omission out.

http://scathinglywrongrightwingnutz...tars-latest-on.html?showComment=1376786912149

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back