4.9K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 699     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neat photo someone posted to twitter this evening, I've never seen it until now. It's of the staff that Ford once had. This person on twitter, as I now as well, wonder who in this photo has quit, has been fired, and who are implicated and under investigation in this current story.

you're going to make Rob cry with a photo like that. he had it all and lost it, because of his tragic flaws.

who was the other co-founder of deco?

Ms. Ford had filed for bankruptcy more than a year earlier, in February of 2004, claiming assets of $3,000 and more than $26,000 in debts. Credit card companies and a Toronto defence lawyer were among her creditors.

Documents filed with the federal Office of the Superintendent of Bankruptcy listed her monthly income as $2,000, earnings from a job as an office worker at Deco Labels and Tags, the successful business co-founded by her father, Doug Ford Sr.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...-ordered-not-to-contact-fords/article1358303/

TheStar is the closest to reporting the news I tipped at earlier. I'm not a reporter so I don't need to gather multiple verifiable sources before "publishing" what I hear. The Star is putting unprecedented resources behind this story. It's without a doubt the biggest investigative effort in their 120 year history -- perhaps the biggest overall in Canadian journalism history, period. A lot more is coming...

which news that you tipped at? that the video is coming? that rob was a client of toronto's 35th homicide victim? that charges are coming?

An aside from the present Star investigations: when it comes to what seems to be Ford's premier urban-infrastructure-design brainchild, what I've seen of his "red curbs" looks...redundantly ugly and obtuse. Visually speaking, that shade of red just doesn't work---wouldn't good, old fashioned reflective yellow be better? (Oh, but he couldn't call it "his own". I see.)

TheStar is the closest to reporting the news I tipped at earlier. I'm not a reporter so I don't need to gather multiple verifiable sources before "publishing" what I hear. The Star is putting unprecedented resources behind this story. It's without a doubt the biggest investigative effort in their 120 year history -- perhaps the biggest overall in Canadian journalism history, period. A lot more is coming...

Based on past reactions to claims against Ford, I doubt that even a large story by the star will have any meaningful consequences for Ford, unless there is concrete proof such as the crack video.

An aside from the present Star investigations: when it comes to what seems to be Ford's premier urban-infrastructure-design brainchild, what I've seen of his "red curbs" looks...redundantly ugly and obtuse. Visually speaking, that shade of red just doesn't work---wouldn't good, old fashioned reflective yellow be better? (Oh, but he couldn't call it "his own". I see.)

he's copying california?

http://ladot.lacity.org/tf_Colored_Curb_Zones.htm

http://www.sfmta.com/getting-around/parking/curb-colors

I have to say that I'm finding all this Italian stereotyping and scapegoating a little unsettling. What, you can't be involved in organized crime unless you're a goombah? (I say this as someone who is 25% goombah). Reframe this conversation and imagine what it would be like if we were trying to figure out if the Fords were part Somali. Okay, I know it's not quite as bad as that, but it's not all that different.

which news that you tipped at? that the video is coming? that rob was a client of toronto's 35th homicide victim? that charges are coming?

I believe he's referring to a note he made quite a while ago - that there was a major story coming down the pipeline, and the news orgs were crossing all the t's and dotting all the i's before saying anything. I think it was back in May or June. I recall mention of it being bigger than the crack tape, so the post you quoted may be referring to a post that I missed.

I believe he's referring to a note he made quite a while ago - that there was a major story coming down the pipeline, and the news orgs were crossing all the t's and dotting all the i's before saying anything. I think it was back in May or June. I recall mention of it being bigger than the crack tape, so the post you quoted may be referring to a post that I missed.

They're corroborating sources on the obstruction of justice investigation. They can't report on when the video is coming, only that it is in an increasing number of hands making it likely that it will come out. They've already reported on that I believe. The pimp connection was also alluded to, and given today's story, it's become clear where their investigation is focused on: uncovering his network of suppliers.

The tape is just a symptom of a huge web of improper and criminal behaviour by our chief magistrate. Pulling on the strings is going to bring the big picture into focus. All the papers are working on this and collaborating (not necessarily in a deliberate teamwork sense) by pulling their individual strings. It's only a matter of time because there's no way this is all just going away.

Last edited:
evvabeing, I'd like to acknowledge that I do sense your skepticism and I'm ok with that. I'm not here seeking approval or trying to score points. I'm reporting as an involved citizen and adding my commentary, analysis and speculation as a person interested in politics and concerned with the future of our city. I'm not anonymous. Come say hello if you see me at City Hall. I don't publish my name openly here but many people here know me and if you're clever, you will too. :cool:

You're welcome to read through my contributions though you'll lose the sense of timing that was relevant at the time of posting. If you've been following along, my best source was one with an inside ear directly in Ford's office and sometimes his home. I sincerely believed that my period of insider contribution was over when that source walked out of Ford's office that Monday after the scandal broke (I tipped that two man walkout if you recall). Somewhat unexpectedly, new sources have come forward to me via that same intermediary. I guess I've become recognized as a crack (ha!) where some insiders go if they want information leaked. I'm happy to provide that channel and my 13 year history on UrbanToronto means that I'll be doing so on this forum as long as I'm welcome here.

evvabeing, I'd like to acknowledge that I do sense your skepticism and I'm ok with that. I'm not here seeking approval or trying to score points. I'm reporting as an involved citizen and adding my commentary, analysis and speculation as a person interested in politics and concerned with the future of our city. I'm not anonymous. Come say hello if you see me at City Hall. I don't publish my name openly here but many people here know me and if you're clever, you will too. :cool:

You're welcome to read through my contributions though you'll lose the sense of timing that was relevant at the time of posting. If you've been following along, my best source was one with an inside ear directly in Ford's office and sometimes his home. I sincerely believed that my period of insider contribution was over when that source walked out of Ford's office that Monday after the scandal broke (I tipped that two man walkout if you recall). Somewhat unexpectedly, new sources have come forward to me via that same intermediary. I guess I've become recognized as a crack (ha!) where some insiders go if they want information leaked. I'm happy to provide that channel and my 13 year history on UrbanToronto means that I'll be doing so on this forum as long as I'm welcome here.

it's not skepticism... i honestly can't wait for you to add insights. i honestly wanted clarification. i value your input a lot. your posts are what got me following this forum in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back