News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 691     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
interesting...

"A joint investigation by the Toronto Star and CBC's French-language investigative program Enquête found that the ‘Ndrangheta has infiltrated many facets of society from the political realm to the manufacturing sector.

[...]

During his business mission in Chicago, Toronto Mayor Rob Ford was asked by CBC News regarding the accusations and said he was unaware of the report and that he has never been approached by the mafia."

http://www.examiner.com/article/former-rcmp-chief-says-ontario-faces-ndrangheta-mafia-problem

A few days ago, when I posted about why Ford would want to be in politics in the first place, ‘Ndrangheta involvement came to mind. No evidence to back it up, but I don't think anyone here on UT would be surprised if ‘Ndrangheta (or others) were involved.

I doubt anything in this article will stop anyone from supporting Mayor Ford. Even if he is arrested for anything many people won't stop supporting him. People are way too invested in him emotionally. It's like having a possible flush in Texas hold'em - and then the last card comes up and you miss your flush. You now have almost no chance of winning, but you've already invested so much in the hand that you just can't give up on it. People have fought for him for so long and fought so hard that they can't bear the thought of giving up on him, and it's an understandable reaction. No one likes being wrong.

My father is a big Rob Ford supporter. (He also taught Rob Ford at Scarlett Heights. Taught him accounting of all things... My dad screwed up Toronto, guys!) Anyway, he told me after the crack video news came out that he was no longer supporting the mayor. But as soon as Rob Ford spoke out about how he's not addicted to crack, my dad was right back in his corner, satisfied with that completely unsatisfying response. I don't think he'll get re-elected, but I do think that his hard core supporters will stand by his side no matter what.

this is what i posted on here a little while back....

robfordbingo1.jpg

he already has a bingo (i.e. a full line)

Attachments

• robfordbingo1.jpg
    robfordbingo1.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 324
Meet Sandro Lisi: Toronto Mayor Rob Ford and his entourage keep making headlines

"Toronto Mayor Rob Ford and his entourage of friends, underlings and unscrupulous associates continue to make headlines as details are unveiled surrounding an investigation into the alleged video tape of the mayor smoking from what appears to be a crack pipe.

[...]

Joe Warmington got a chance to interview the mayor and got the juicy goods on a "scandal" from the past. Remember that bucket of chicken Ford was spotted purchasing during his public weight loss campaign? Allegedly not for him. He says he bought it for a family that lived nearby. “I just left it because if they wanted to say it was me, fine. But it was for someone else,” he said.

What a bizarre admission about an issue that long ago ceased to matter, if it ever did.

The other news out of the Sun story is that Ford doesn't plan on participating in many candidate debates next election. Which should help him avoid answering any uncomfortable questions.

Ford also told the Sun that he was drinking at buddy's house the night of the Taste of the Danforth street festival, the night he was videotaped in a highly-questionable state. He had previously claimed he had a couple beers while at the event.

Now the question remains, which upstanding member of Ford’s running crew was he partying with that night?"

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/dail...ronto-mayor-rob-ford-entourage-133637888.html

Last edited:
Toronto needs a mayor: police investigate Ford crony who assaults women, sought crack video
August 17th, 2013, 7:11 am

The noose is tightening. Quote:

“Toronto police are investigating attempts by associates of Mayor Rob Ford to retrieve the crack cocaine video.

One target of the investigation is Alexander “Sandro†Lisi, 35, a Range Rover-driving Etobicoke man with a criminal history of threatening and assaulting women, who has been acting as an occasional driver and security guard for the mayor…

An ongoing Star investigation of the Ford video and matters surrounding it reveals that in the days after news of the video broke, Lisi and Ford’s “logistics director,†David Price, were on a mission to obtain the video, which Ford was publicly saying did not exist. Two Star reporters who viewed the video have described an obviously impaired Mayor Ford smoking what appears to be crack cocaine and making homophobic and racist remarks in response to goading questions from a man not seen in the video.

In one attempt to retrieve the video, soon after news of its existence broke on May 16, Lisi paid visits to the Etobicoke house where a group of men from the Dixon Rd. community involved in the crack cocaine trade were known to hang out. The bungalow is home to Fabio and Elena Basso, both friends of Ford…â€

http://warrenkinsella.com/2013/08/t...ce-investigate-ford-crony-who-assaults-women/

If/when the proverbial tidal wave finally crashes over our fair city, how loud will the calls be for de-amalgamation? I don't necessarily think that that's a good idea, but Toronto is never going to be the same after this, and people will want change. This could go on for years.

iPhones and other smartphones have EXIF data for a photo or video that contains location info, if Location Services is on and Camera is turned on for location services. As well as other information embedded such as date and time.

So people, including the police, could get the locations and timestamps of where the Taste of the Danforth video occurred. And the "infamous" crack video, as well, could provide tracking information for timelines.

That's also how one can track the location of your lost or stolen smartphones.

Adaxx: The problem is that we have politicians like Rob Ford who use intentionally use divisive politics that harm the union. Get rid of people like Ford and the problem will go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back