4.9K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 699     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Rob Ford were prosecuted, then who would be the interim mayor?

Councillor Norm Kelly. However, given the timeframe we're on now, it wouldn't come to that. Ford would have to miss 3 months of council meetings to have his seat declared vacant. We'll be closer than that to the election or past it by the time Ford has to serve any time if convicted.

Last edited:
Yes. Both Fords, 2 staff and others outside the office are implicated.

Fantastic.

Anecdotally, take this with a grain of salt but, was talking to someone last night who mentioned that there's a barbershop in town that basically acts as a money laundering front for the owner, whose real business is dealing drugs - one of his sellers has bragged about being Rob's cocaine source. Not sure where this fits into the gigantic puzzle but I'm sure it fits somewhere!

Norm Kelly.
If it's true that charges might be laid in early Fall, though - would an interim mayor step in? Or would Ford only be booted out of office AFTER being found guilty, which may not be until well into 2014? He'll be out on bail, no doubt, so it's highly unlikely that he'll miss 3 months of work and automatically get the boot

Last edited:
One of the most disturbing aspects of this story is that Ford used to coach Lisi.

That alone should forbid Ford from coaching football to minors. How many other players have ended up being his drug mule?

where does it say that ford used to coach lisi?

I wonder who Norm Kelly most likely appoint as the new interim deputy mayor. Perhaps someone in favour of the Scarborough subway extension?

It's extremely unlikely that he would have any time to steer policy as interim Mayor with an election so near. It's not even likely that he would get to become interim Mayor given that Ford would have to be absent (in jail) for 3 months for council to declare his seat vacant. If convicted of a crime, council can choose to declare his seat vacant right away but as we've seen in the past, they've given him the benefit of the doubt and a chance at following through on his appeal. I don't think Ford will cease being Mayor until he's either defeated in an election or expired from a cocaine/alcohol/KFC overdose.

"This month, the mayor announced he is “obsessed” with cleaning up the city’s graffiti. He even established a partnership with a graffiti cleanup service that’s offering a 15 per cent discount for work on private property, and complimentary services to Toronto residents whose property has been defaced with images that are “hate- and violence-related.” “Everywhere there is graffiti,” he warned, “I will guarantee that we will be removing it.” This is especially interesting, because an impressive amount of Toronto graffiti is actually dedicated to His Truly. Ford’s red-faced caricature marks many an alley; there are graffiti artists all over the city who specialize in Rob Ford-themed art. Knowing the mayor’s penchant for cleaning up graffiti himself (photos abound of the mayor gleefully wiping it off city walls), it’s quite possible that, sometime soon, we’ll see him expunging his own cartoonish face from the walls of Toronto’s buildings. Ford is literally at war with his own tainted image. But it’s a war he may want to reconsider, because if this season’s polls are any indication, it could be the best thing he has going for him."

http://www2.macleans.ca/2013/08/17/why-rob-ford-shouldnt-clean-up-his-act/

If Rob Ford were prosecuted, then who would be the interim mayor?

Council decides. If it's early in the mandate they have to hold a by-election, but at this point they can chooses election or appointment. Process is exactly the same as for Holyday's seat. Council has a policy to appoint mayor frrom current council but that could be reversed. The deputy mayor would have a leg up but council makes the final decision.

Councillor Norm Kelly. However, given the timeframe we're on now, it wouldn't come to that. Ford would have to miss 3 months of council meetings to have his seat declared vacant. We'll be closer than that to the election or past it by the time Ford has to serve any time if convicted.

Conspiracy wise, one could say that Holyday would be logical choice for a mayor, certainly more than Ford, and that's the rookie mistake. If you look at politics, you want the last choice people would make for the top position to serve as deputy/vice whatever.

Making Holiday was the worse mistake because he is a better choice than Ford, so now that the heat is on, Ford does not want someone potentially better than he in office. Keeping ties with outside lobbies, and/or solidifying the top position by association by placing the "crony" in the supportive position.

This is a good way of avoiding assassinations, one way or another. ;)

i didn't know this before...

"the mayor’s Cadillac Escalade birthday present is actually leased – “…absolutely the highest cost of borrowing in the market place. Hands down, no exceptions.” — through his family business. So, if it is written off as a Deco Label business expense, technically speaking, we the taxpayers are paying for it. In that case, Happy Birthday, Mayor Ford."

http://afuitbs.com/tag/deco-labels-and-tags/

The Fords seems to have many Italian associates. Are they themselves Italian? I just realized that I don't know what their background is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back