206     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 860     1 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 546     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
A great day in Toronto. Tomorrow we can finally start ripping out useless streetcars and bike lanes.

Kinnear's got the city by the balls, and he knows it... Ford is essentially powerless against the TTC unions as a protracted strike is as likely to break Ford as it is the TTC.

A great day in Toronto. Tomorrow we can finally start ripping out useless streetcars and bike lanes.

And spend a lot of money to add to the number of car accidents, injured and dead cyclists, air pollution and angry drivers? Yeah, real improvement that would be. Ford isn't gonna follow through on those promises, especially if its Adam Vaughan who ends up being the de facto leader of the opposition.

Kinnear's got the city by the balls, and he knows it... Ford is essentially powerless against the TTC unions as a protracted strike is as likely to break Ford as it is the TTC.

That's what CUPE thought in summer 2009 with the garbage strike, too. It ended up costing their good friend his seat as mayor, not to mention pissing off most of the city. If we get a protracted TTC strike in nay time past October 2011, Hudak is going to order them back to work, and Ford is going to hold on for a settlement on his terms. As Hudak will also be choosing and appointing the arbitrators, a long TTC strike will put Kinnear will be in the same situation as Johnny Knoxville in Jackass, getting hurt for no reason whatsoever and turning people against his union and its members.

Ford and Hudak. god help us. I really do hope Mcguinty is re elected.

Ford may try to keep expenses down, however, he cannot control outside prices. Be it the price of road salt, fuel, asphalt, concrete, electricity, insurance, etc. Would he pass those prices down? Or would he have go into deficit to absorb outside price increases? Remember, 2008, when the price of asphalt doubled until the recession hit.

Haha if that wasn't sarcasm than it is a very sad statement indeed..
You don't happen to be Ford himself, are you?

Naw, even Ford wouldn't verbalize as much. Always remember that the "Banzai!" message-boarding pro-Fordies are even more "out there"...

If we get a protracted TTC strike in nay time past October 2011, Hudak is going to order them back to work, and Ford is going to hold on for a settlement on his terms. As Hudak will also be choosing and appointing the arbitrators, a long TTC strike will put Kinnear will be in the same situation as Johnny Knoxville in Jackass, getting hurt for no reason whatsoever and turning people against his union and its members.

Are you sure the provincially appointed arbitrators are really as much of a puppet of the premier as you are stating?

Can you site past examples where a union was legislated back to work and then got royally trounced by the arbitrator?

You know, a lot of sidewalks downtown are 6 or 8 feet wide. If we took those out we could even get a fifth lane out of our major streets. I'm sick and tired of all those damn pedestrians taking up all that space that could better be used to move traffic faster.

If pedestrians choose their alternative carless lifestyles that's fine, but they should do it on side streets where they're out of the way of traffic.

Better yet, kill off all the fat people like rob ford so I don't get stuck behind them when I'm walking.

Remember, 2008, when the price of asphalt doubled until the recession hit.

The recession is turning into a depression and prices are on the rise. I know that the prices of corn and cotton are almost at record highs. Prices will continue to rise so long as governments keep on depressing… err, I mean "stimulating" the economy.

Looking forward to 100$/barrel oil! Yay for debasing currency! :D /sarcasm

Hehe ;)

Amen to that, I'm tired of being stuck behind a street car while looking at an empty bike lane.

The street cars won't be removed. Council won't approve it, and Ford has even mentioned he wouldn't force the issue if he couldn't get out of the street car contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back