323     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 574     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I thought Miller's Toronto was utopia.

Major progress on the Waterfront, new buses, new subway cars, new streetcars, new LRT routes, the Spadina subway extension, new underpasses, new bike paths and bike lanes, new street furniture, a new Warden station, a new Kipling station, a new Dufferin station, Regent Park revitalization, Lawrence Park revitalization (OK that is probably going to get cancelled now), City Hall revitalization, many street scape projects, Union station revitalization, lower crime rates... it was as close to it as we are likely to get for some time.

What will Ford's legacy be?

Major progress on the Waterfront, new buses, new subway cars, new streetcars, new LRT routes, the Spadina subway extension, new underpasses, new bike paths and bike lanes, new street furniture, a new Warden station, a new Kipling station, a new Dufferin station, Regent Park revitalization, Lawrence Park revitalization (OK that is probably going to get cancelled now), City Hall revitalization, many street scape projects, Union station revitalization, lower crime rates... it was as close to it as we are likely to get for some time.

What will Ford's legacy be?
If he is able to accomplish some level of fiscal restraint by the city without destroying the city, that will bode well for his political future.

I really don't think Ford or any mayor for that matter, is going to have a lot to say about whether we get streetcars or busses, or subways. He is, like Miller pretty powerless and can spew rhetoric all he wishes, but getting things changed and or outright stopped is going to be difficult regardless.

Furthermore, I am saddened to say that Rob Ford died this evening, as his tie was a little too tight around his pork-roast neck and his head burst open. Fortunately, there were no major injuries and everyone escaped with minor shrapnel wounds. Yes it is true, Rob Ford was a failed attempt by Pork Pie Industries at turning useless pork fat into human-like entities - primarily for political gain in the union vs. private sector debates. It had succeeded in producing this first sub 60 IQ prototype and had decided to launch it in 3 models for the upcoming Provincial elections. But alas, this will no longer be possible, as Pork Pie Industries has lost its bid to continue production of these gelatinous, sub-human meat-balloons.

p5 industries

Well, it seems the media hasn't gone into conniptions yet, but some of the people here may have.

Link? I guess he wants to be the first target for union busting then? :p

More like making the first step towards Ford going down, or so he thinks. Kinnear better get his shit together, pronto. If Toronto residents are POed enough to vote Ford into the mayor's office, they aren't gonna cut him nay slack in negotiations. He had best get used to making sacrifices now or face bigger problems later. Particularly if Hudak gets elected. If that happens, Kinnear should start looking for another job, because he's gonna get ripped up by the politicos and promptly fired by his members.

Wonderful ... we can play count the bruises.
Renata = Rihanna?
rihanna+beat+up.jpg

Well, if there's anyone who can make Ford look good and re-electable, it's Kinnear as a foil...

I've read worse puns. Either way, Kinnear better get the message that his crap isn't gonna tolerated any more. If he thinks that Ford is gonna deal with him as Miller did he's insane. And if the province doubles down and goes for Hudak, he's in trouble. No, scratch that. If Hudak becomes premier, he's screwed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back