1.1K     0 
News   Aug 16, 2024
 664     0 
News   Aug 16, 2024
 536     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can't imagine Ford fighting for any transit project. He pretty much indicated during the campaign that if he faces resistance he'll shrug his shoulders and not build anything.

I don't know. "His Fatness" does not have the same ring as "His Blondeness."

While Miller's hand picked executive committee was "dictatorial," Ford's similarly subjective picks will mean he's "getting the job done," eh, Sue?

Oh look, Bob Kinear already setting the stage for a TTC strike. I don't think Ford's anger management classes prepared him for this.

If Ford successfully breaks the TTC Union and sends Kinnear packing, he guarantees himself reelection from now until the day he dies.

Toronto's Hazel anyone?

I just can't imagine Ford fighting for any transit project. He pretty much indicated during the campaign that if he faces resistance he'll shrug his shoulders and not build anything.

No, what Ford said was that if he couldn't redirect funds or sell off the streetcars, he'd stick with the current (TC & new streetcar) plans. And that is pretty much what will happen. He's indifferent to the transit (except for when it gets in the way of cars) so, to him, this is a non-issue.. if its funded and he can't do anything different with the funds, he'll let it continue.

Eglinton and Sheppard will continue as planned. Metrolinx and Province are carrying through with this one... And Presto is a big part of the new streetcars coming online for the sheppard line, too

Last edited:
Yeah, it's pretty easy way out for him. He says he prefers subways, but can just claim the current plans would make the most sense without wasting new bags of money.

Yeah, it's pretty easy way out for him. He says he prefers subways, but can just claim the current plans would make the most sense without wasting new bags of money.

This is true, he's already going to have his hands full with all the other budget sh*t within the first year of his term that he won't even want to open up the current transit plans ball of wax. (Not to mention, he would still need councils support on changing transit plans, and that wouldn't happen either).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back