News   Jul 19, 2024
 3.9K     7 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 1.2K     4 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they all farmers?

http://www.metronews.ca/news/toronto/2015/08/24/ontario-farmer-creates-pro-doug-ford-website.html

Screen Shot 2015-08-24 at 9.49.04 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-08-24 at 9.49.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-08-24 at 9.49.04 PM.png
    22.3 KB · Views: 693
I followed the election a lot and not once did being socially conservative come up as a reason to elect Doug, aside from the Pride parade. What is this farmer talking about?

Come to think of it, who *is* this "Rud Chamberlain" figure? Another pseudonym for "Earl Cowan"? Somebody ought to do some digging here...

...and speaking of which: has IHTWOMRF even acknowledged last week's "Earl Cowan" outburst?

Come to think of it, who *is* this "Rud Chamberlain" figure? Another pseudonym for "Earl Cowan"? Somebody ought to do some digging here...

...and speaking of which: has IHTWOMRF even acknowledged last week's "Earl Cowan" outburst?
Reached by phone, the site’s owner identified himself as Rud Chamberlain, a farmer from Milton, Ont. He told Metro that his son Josh helped him set up the website over the weekend.
http://www.metronews.ca/news/toronto/2015/08/24/ontario-farmer-creates-pro-doug-ford-website.html

josh chamberlain.JPG

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=91906

Attachments

• josh chamberlain.JPG
    josh chamberlain.JPG
    18.1 KB · Views: 655
Spike in Toronto shootings prompts fears of an overall surge in violence
Taking the long view, however, Toronto police have detected a pattern: gun crime seems to surge about every four years.

One theory is that this could be explained by repeat offenders returning to the community after release from prison.

“It might be related to the cycle of apprehension, incarceration and release,” Deputy Police Chief Mike Federico said in an interview Friday. “The typical long-term federal sentence is around four to six years. Of course, with earned remission, people can get out in two to three years. It’s a theory that we’re exploring.”
[...]
Federico says police are also experimenting with initiatives aimed at reducing or even preventing crime by creating partnerships with community groups, non-government agencies and faith leaders.

The system is modeled on the “hub program,” a policing model first adopted in Scotland, which brings together social service workers, educators and police to discuss individuals who may be at risk of committing crime. The group then creates an intervention strategy unique to the individual.

A similar initiative is now in place in the city’s northwest corner.

“These are attempts to get at the underlying social conditions (and) interrupt the cycle,” Federico said.
http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2...ts-fears-of-an-overall-surge-in-violence.html

Nope, not a word about Earl Cowan, but Rud Chamberlain and the site? They have this to say about the matter: It's a Liberal plot, and supported by the media, to discredit Doug Ford and the Conservatives. Below is an entry about the validity of the sight but the true paranoia(?) is in the comments.

I Hate The War on Mayor Rob Ford
4 hrs ·
ALERT: We believe this "RunDougRun" site is a fraud. We recommend you do NOT give them your information. Be wary of giving any site your information, let alone something as sketchy as this. We support PM Harper in his re-election bid and we would support Doug Ford for MPP or MP if he decides to run for the legislature or Parliament some day.

Last edited:
Nope, not a word about Earl Cowan, but Rud Chamberlain and the site? They have this to say about the matter: It's a Liberal plot, and supported by the media, to discredit Doug Ford and the Conservatives. Below is an entry about the validity of the sight but the true paranoia(?) is in the comments.
Why does Flagg refer to himself as "we", as if there's some organization running that kooky Facebook page?

Why does Flagg refer to himself as "we", as if there's some organization running that kooky Facebook page?

I think there is, or officially was, more than one admin for their page, so the use of "we" would have been appropriate. On occasion, the page seemed less insane and childishly angry - I think Flagg left the updates to others at that time. Now that Doug appears to be concentrating on Deco and Rob becomes a smaller player, it looks to me as if Flagg is running the admin duties himself.

I think there is, or officially was, more than one admin for their page, so the use of "we" would have been appropriate. On occasion, the page seemed less insane and childishly angry - I think Flagg left the updates to others at that time. Now that Doug appears to be concentrating on Deco and Rob becomes a smaller player, it looks to me as if Flagg is running the admin duties himself.

I have always thought the "we" is a political/social distinction, as in we, the whole of FF Nation.

Did anyone have a different opinion from Flagg and want Doug to take over?

Some have suggested it but for the most part the followers have heeded the crack of the whip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back