Status
Not open for further replies.
rob at the ex.JPG

https://twitter.com/MaddieScaini/status/636311729316753408

Attachments

• rob at the ex.JPG
    rob at the ex.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 655
In 2013, the Toronto police filed a document of nearly 500 pages to obtain a warrant against small-time drug dealer Sandro Lisi. The application itself, and the senior officers involved in the investigation, were wholly disproportionate to Lisi’s alleged crimes. As it turned out, the warrant application had more information about then-mayor Rob Ford than Lisi himself. It was a not-very subtle use of court filings to enable the police to publish damaging information on the mayor without officially investigating him.

Then-police chief Bill Blair’s decision to comment on what police evidence showed about Ford only exacerbated the impression that he was using his investigative powers not for criminal purposes — Ford was never charged — but for political ones. That Blair is now running for the Liberals in the current federal election does not diminish that impression.
http://news.nationalpost.com/full-comment/father-raymond-j-de-souza-duffys-political-show-trial

There was definitely something shady about the way cops handled that investigation. Like what was the point of including a photo of him taking a whiz? It's like they suspected he was behind a bunch of things (as do I), couldn't prove it so they decided to humiliate him. And then they spent the next year and a half/two years phishing for something more.

It was probably part political. Ford's a Con and Blair's a lefty, and I don't think it's been written about but Ford was pushing to oust Blair from early on in his term but buying out his contract proved to be too expensive. Also, there's an element of "not in my city". Blair was embarrassed that the mayor was being so brazen on his watch.

IMO I think there should be a public inquiry, similar to what they did with the G20.

Crack-smoking driver of Fordish appearance

Man, he must have it pretty bad if he can't even wait until he gets from point A to point B to light up. I heard one of Ford's buddies was like that. When he went on a trip, the first thing he had to do when he landed was find drugs to get his fix.

Fans of The Wire might be interested in a feature interview with David Simon on his new HBO mini-series and his thoughts on the War on Drugs, hyper-segregation and over-policing. @DemocracyNow.org

Oh, and David Duke, leader of the KKK, has endorsed Donald Trump.

What did they say about Rob suggesting it while Harper is running for re-election? Kind of a low blow to him...

Nothing posted recently, they have ignored the topic of Robbie's comments and just call the website "misguided" or Liberal Media propaganda.

Fans of The Wire might be interested in a feature interview with David Simon on his new HBO mini-series and his thoughts on the War on Drugs, hyper-segregation and over-policing. @DemocracyNow.org

Oh, and David Duke, leader of the KKK, has endorsed Donald Trump.

I was going to post this. For some reason I associate The Wire with Ford and his scandals.

Nothing posted recently, they have ignored the topic of Robbie's comments and just call the website "misguided" or Liberal Media propaganda.

Go figure. It was Rob who suggested that Doug run and he didn't rule it out, yet they blame the media...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back