346     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 502     1 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 850     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, there's no video yet. But it sounds as though even his staff thinks this thing is real. The police seem to think so, too. We can't say for sure until we see it, but the tea leaves aren't hard to read here.

Don't bother with CN Tower. Nothing will convince him. The testimony from three individuals from two news sources, Ford's history and the actions of Ford, his staff an Toronto Police speak for themselves. Even if CN Tower is in the room with Ford when he was smoking, he'd probably convince himself that it was a look-alike someone hired.

Don't bother with CN Tower. Nothing will convince him. The testimony from three individuals from two news sources, Ford's history and the actions of Ford, his staff an Toronto Police speak for themselves. Even if CN Tower is in the room with Ford when he was smoking, he'd probably convince himself that it was a look-alike someone hired.

You really do have an extra thick skull, don't you?

Show me the ACTUAL video and if clearly represents what Gawker claims I will surely be convinced.

Forgive me if I don't take the Toronto Star's distorted opinions as gospel. Who else has actually seen it?

Show me the ACTUAL video and if clearly represents what Gawker claims I will surely be convinced.

Forgive me if I don't take the Toronto Star's distorted opinions as gospel. Who else has actually seen it?

Do you not find it at all convincing that we're hearing that Ford staff members went to the police to talk about where it might be? This has nothing to do with the Star.

Don__t_feed_the_Troll.jpg

Gawker has seen it.

Your actually dissing two respected journalists from one of Canada's most respected daily newspapers? Your saying that this alleged crack recording is an "opinion"?

Aside from opinion columns which are just that, and every newspaper has them, what stories has the Toronto Star distorted? Do you remember how the Toronto Star (forget the other dailies) used to criticize David Miller?

Do you not find it at all convincing that we're hearing that Ford staff members went to the police to talk about where it might be? This has nothing to do with the Star.

It certainly does not look good for the Mayor, that's for sure!

But is in proof that's he smokes crack? No.

So, just to be clear, your working theory here is that employees of the Toronto Star, a 100-year-old award-winning paper with an excellent international reputation, owned by a billion-dollar corporation, worked in cahoots with a website in the United States that has absolutely no connection to Toronto and no political bent, to lie about/create a fake of a video, all to forward their agenda of...what exactly?

Can you really not hear how paranoid that sounds? Honestly, try reading that out loud, preferably with someone else in the room.

So, just to be clear, your working theory here is that employees of the Toronto Star, a 100-year-old award-winning paper with an excellent international reputation, owned by a billion-dollar corporation, worked in cahoots with a website in the United States that has absolutely no connection to Toronto and no political bent, to lie about/create a fake of a video, all to forward their agenda of...what exactly?

Can you really not hear how paranoid that sounds? Honestly, try reading that out loud, preferably with someone else in the room.

Given the extreme bias of Star and the sensationalist agenda of Gawker I'm entirely unconvinced that whatever they saw is 100% crack cocaine.

If you are, you are quite naive.

LOL sorry but the Toronto Star has an "excellent international reputation"? LOLOL

It isn't even considered a newspaper of record in Canada, so please spare me with the international reputation B.S.

The Star has become like the Sun... a tabloid. Nothing more than entertainment and a joke.

Judging by everything we have witnessed after the story broke, it is very, very likely there is a genuine video of Rob Ford smoking crack.

Agree?

If not, when do we pass reasonable doubt?

Last edited:
Well, you can be safely ignored now. While you might not agree with their bent, this is a ludicrous statement.

Actually no it is not. The Globe is considered the ONLY "newspaper of record" in Canada.

The Star, as I said, is a joke. It is not known internationally, nor have I EVER seen it quoted in a foreign country (other media). Breaking a story about a potential crack head mayor is exactly what I said.... tabloid.

I know hardcore Toronto Star readers are thick, but come one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back