787     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 709     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 303     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
What has The mayor done that you find so reprehensible and harmful to the city?
Are you kidding?

You must be trolling! What hasn't he done? How about the lies? The man is a despicable piece of shit. He's embarrassed this city on an international stage. He's lied. He's stolen. He has abused his power. And today he called a woman a racist, simply because she asked him to explain why he was photographed with drug dealers.

Personally I think that the garbage strike under Miller...
Ford rolled over for the police union. He made the TTC union an essential service, guaranteeing they'll never be able to roll back salaries. And he quickly settled with the other unions. Miller pushed the union far harder than Ford ever did to get concessions. And you criticize him for that? Isn't that rather hypocritical?

Social programs? Are you against healthcare and free public schools?

Are you kidding?

You must be trolling! What hasn't he done? How about the lies? The man is a despicable piece of shit. \quote

Name calling? A little juvenile indeed.

[\quote] Miller pushed the union far harder than Ford ever did to get concessions[/QUOTE]

You must be joking. Miller was the biggest union sympathizer in Toronto politics in years!

Different context, even McGunity wringed out significant concessions from the unions during the financial crisis.

AoD

McGuinty and his party has absolutely destroyed this province by running up a bigger accumulated deficit than California which is thrice the size.

For those unaware, Ontario has $260 billion in debt which has doubled under his watch. This is beyond disgraceful. It is tragic for our province and our children and grand children who will be unfairly shouldered with the burden

Name calling? A little juvenile indeed.
Name calling? I was being literal. He is shit. That's what he is. He comes from a family of shit. His sister is a long-time drugger. Brother one beat and kidnapped someone he'd sold $5,000 of drugs too for non-payment. Brother two spent years as a drug dealer.

Besides, he has clearly voiced homophobic comments over the years. How can you deny that someone who doesn't support same-sex marriage isn't shit?

McGuinty and his party has absolutely destroyed this province by running up a bigger accumulated deficit than California which is thrice the size.
Only if you downplay California's debt. In Ontario school boards and cities aren't allowed to run an operating deficit. In California they are. Ultimately the province/state is responsible for all that debt. Run the numbers. We are no where near the level of debt in California.

And complaining about McGuinty? What about Harris? Harris destroyed the fiscal stability of the province by dramatically reducing taxation while increasing spending.

Social programs? Are you against healthcare and free public schools?

I didn't realize that one had to pay for public schools up until Miller scapped them and now Ford re-introduced those fees. Can you tell me what the fee is for pbulic schools in Toronto? I would guess that it is free in all other municipalities in Ontario and I am surprised that this did not make the news more prominantly when it was re-introduced. Another example of the press not doing their job.

Last edited:
stayed focused on an agenda aimed at improving below ground transit, though has not been successful at that goal yet.

haha good joke. If he was serious whatsoever about expanding underground transit in the city he would be doing something other than promising that the magical private sector fairies will provide funding, but rather be actively seeking the funding. In reality, Ford is anti transit. He voted against dedicated funding tools, insisted on wasting billions on an underused subway line, and ignored another that is critical to the Toronto transit network. He opposes anything that even slightly gets in the way of cars, (oh no! you will be losing a right turn lane! run for the hills! the world is ending!) wants to rip up Toronto's streetcar network, has repeatedly called for service cuts to the TTC, and never takes transit other than late at night to clear his mind once a mayoral term. (Compare this to our last mayor, who not only secured $8 billion for transit, but also replaced our streetcars, drew up plans for many more expansions, and took transit to and from work every day)

CN Tower:

The point isn't what McGuinty did regarding the debt - the point is that he was able to wrestle significant concessions just as the City of Toronto did. It wasn't because of some unique labour management skills that Rob Ford has, as you made it out to be, but the ability of management to play hardball during an economic downturn. That is hardly anything new.

Per nfitz point, re: debt:

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2013...nias-actual-debt-set-at-848b-could-pass-1-1t/

Anyways, what does all this have to do with the point, which is on what basis does Doug Ford have in saying that other councillors can't find a job outside City Hall, vis-a-vis his brothers and his own employment record.

AoD

Last edited:
You must be joking. Miller was the biggest union sympathizer in Toronto politics in years!
Biggest? Good grief, he's no where some of the current councillor, let alone in Toronto politics in years. Where do you get this stuff?

If Miller was so pro-union, do you think we'd have ever have had a strike in the first place? Think about it ...

Sure, he's more pro-union that Ford. But I also think that:

- David Miller smokes less crack than Rob Ford
- David Miller has less DUI convictions than Rob Ford
- David Miller has faked his CV less than Rob Ford
- David Miller beats his wife less has than Rob Ford
- David Miller isn't as homophobic as than Rob Ford
- David Miller has stolen less money from city hall than Rob Ford
- David Miller has dropped out of university and then lied about it less than Rob Ford
- David Miller has called 9-1-1 to his house to deal with his in-laws (or drug-dealers) less than Rob Ford
- David Miller has been charged with spousal abuse less than Rob Ford
- David Miller has been charged with drug possession less than Rob Ford
- David Miller shown up drunk at public events less than Rob Ford
- David Miller has been thrown out of ACC for abusing people less than Rob Ford
- David Miller has failed to stop for streetcars that are trying to load/unload than Rob Ford
- David Miller has driven less on expressways while reading paperwork than Rob Ford
- David Miller has been told to go to rehab less than Rob Ford.

On the other hand, I do have to admit that David Miller has been seen more at soccer games after a few drinks than Rob Ford. But he always seemed very pleasant, and then took the TTC home.

Last edited:
I didn't realize that one had to pay for public schools up until Miller scapped them and now Ford re-introduced those fees.
??? CN Tower was disparaging social programs without going into detail. I was simply trying to establish how he felt about basic social programs that even most Conservatives support! Not that CN Tower ever actually answers a difficult question ... which is evidence that he is a troll (and should be banned for trolling) rather than here to have a serious discussion.

Last edited:
Actually, David Miller graduated from Harvard.
And a degree after than from University of Toronto! I was trying to make it clear that he was very different from Ford, who twice dropped out of first-year university (though he lied about it and implied that he'd had to leave in 4th year because of his sister's drug problems).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back