27     0 
News   Aug 09, 2024
 361     0 
News   Aug 09, 2024
 498     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Rob's very recent haircut, he seems to me that he's making sure his current hair growth is clean, should someone "ask" him for a drug test. Any leftovers in his hair would have been unavailable by now..
Was he taking advice from Britney Spears?

With Rob's very recent haircut, he seems to me that he's making sure his current hair growth is clean, should someone "ask" him for a drug test. Any leftovers in his hair would have been unavailable by now. Hair grows at 1/2" a month. But he forgets that fingernails grows at 1/10" a month and any drug leftovers would also collect there. Anybody want to give Rob a free manicure? Unless he can stall for a year and do his own nails.

This came up on a Gawker post. They can use hair from anywhere on the body. So, unless Ford had a full body wax (what fun for the waxer!), a test is still possible.

TorontoSun said:
In the Ford universe, the strategy has always been to cast himself as the poor persecuted victim of a concerted left-wing campaign to oust him. That is his usual playbook: lash out at your accusers and deny, deny, deny.

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/05/24/rob-ford-is-parsing-strange

How did The Toronto Star get the password to post stores on the Toronto Sun website?

There has been a suggestion to add the Ford Crack Nation button as a perk for the Crackstarter (see the comments tab):
20130520095016-CrackNation.jpg

Has anyone been bothering to see what the post is saying? They are the only paper I haven't been paying attention to.

The Post has been pushing the narrative that the video is illegal and "too hot to handle". In the last 2 days I have read three separate articles in the post with this theme. The SUN is also pushing the "video is illegal" theme :

Toronto Police have said they are monitoring the situation. Some feel if laws are broken, they could seize the video.

If Police seize all copies of this video you can rest assured that it will never see the light of day!

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/05/24/mayor-rob-ford-video-sellers-have-disappeared-gawker

There has been a suggestion to add the Ford Crack Nation button as a perk for the Crackstarter (see the comments tab):
20130520095016-CrackNation.jpg

Good idea but no perk is going to change that the video is no longer for sale (I've got no insider info on that). I suspect the guy disappeared because Ford's people made it go away. He knows who he was smoking crack with so he knew how to find the video. That smug look on his face and his changed demeanor from the cornered animal to the chest pounding bravado is all too characteristic of Ford when he gets away with something. Unless he thinks that the quiet seller means he's safe and it turns out the seller may just be waiting cautiously.

We're at $168K now. If it gets within $25K by Sunday night, that can be achieved in a day and did after the Doug Ford speech. The seller better re-emerge or he's throwing away a ton of money.

Last edited:
If Police seize all copies of this video you can rest assured that it will never see the light of day!

But how would the police actually do so? Trail the Gawker reporter from the moment he enters Canada (assuming the transaction takes place in Canada) and forcibly take it from him? How would they prevent the reporter from uploading the video to a cloud server or whatever the moment he gets the phone? And if the police somehow got the phone, the reporter would tell the world about it. On what grounds could the police refuse to release it to the public? If it is evidence in a criminal case, it would eventually be viewed in court.

Anyway, I've already read elsewhere that there is nothing illegal about the video or its sale. I don't think the police are much of a threat to this whole endeavour.

I think it's much more likely that Ford's people made the seller a better offer and now have the video. Best we can hope for is that there are copies and they eventually surface.

What I can't figure out is: what were Gawker and the Star thinking? Why didn't they snap up the video the first chance they got? I know it would have been an expensive and ethically messy purchase, but AT LEAST THEY WOULD HAVE IT NOW. They would have made back the money in ad revenues from all the pageviews.

Good idea but no perk is going to change that the video is no longer for sale (I've got no insider info on that). I suspect the guy disappeared because Ford's people made it go away. He knows who he was smoking crack with so he knew how to find the video. That smug look on his face and his changed demeanor from the cornered animal to the chest pounding bravado is all too characteristic of Ford when he gets away with something. Unless he thinks that the quiet seller means he's safe and it turns out the seller may just be waiting cautiously.

We're at $168K now. If it gets within $25K by Sunday night, that can be achieved in a day and did after the Doug Ford speech. The seller better re-emerge or he's throwing away a ton of money.

I hope the seller double-crosses Ford and sells a copy to Gawker (or whoever, just as long as we get to see it).

How the Rob Ford press conference should have gone...

Tap tap tap... Please take your seats, the press conference will comence momentarily.

Lights dim

[video=youtube;klKC8HPkOh0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klKC8HPkOh0[/video]

Would have been more convincing. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back