80     0 
News   Jul 29, 2024
 304     0 
News   Jul 29, 2024
 415     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
It really shows you the gravity of what Ford is dealing with that this is second page news...

Screen Shot 2013-05-22 at 10.22.41 PM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-05-22 at 10.22.41 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-05-22 at 10.22.41 PM.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 293
Yeah, for simple possession for an employed individual whose only criminal record is an out of province, over-decade old DUI (Ford was never convicted of the pot possession charge), I wouldn't expect more than probation, a fine and community service. And that's fine with me - I'm thankful our drug laws aren't (yet) Rockefellian.

Drug addiction should be considered a public health issue, not a criminal issue, so I agree with your statement. At the same time, I would sure love to see Ford, a far-right politician, prosecuted under Harper's baffling authoritarian drug laws.

BAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA - aside from just repeating Doug's baseless claims that he's being stalked and harassed by the media (why haven't you gone to the cops yet Doug? Or named names?) thereby giving them an "air of truth" to mindless Ford Nationers, Sue Ann Levy went full crazy today. You never go full crazy!

"[Education Director] Rodrigues may have made the final decision but I can’t help but think Premier Kathleen Wynne was involved. I suspect she is just that vindictive."

Source: The Toronto Sun, getting it very wrong

From the Sun

Logically, the first thing a mayor falsely accused of smoking crack and consorting with drug dealers would do, would be to proclaim his innocence in no uncertain terms and sue the media who said it.

I do not know the libel or slander laws. It seems that the Star was very careful to always state that it appears to be Ford smoking something that appears to be crack. Is this enough to ensure that Ford has no hope of suing, because even if the video is a fake - which is probably Ford's last play - the Star has been careful enough to never 100% accuse Ford of a crime.

The people need to speak with protest, demanding he resign. Not sure why we don't have organized protests over this.

In due time:

a) When the video comes out showing our Mayor smoking crack cocaine, consorting with drug dealers and spewing hateful, homophobic and racist remarks.

b) When Ford stops showing up to work because he doesn't want to face the media.

-- whichever comes first.

As long as the Brothers Ford grasp onto their bizarre crisis management plan of basically tone-deaf silence, the money will keep pouring in. People know a liar and a hypocrite when they see one and they certainly see one in Rob Ford.

If blackmail is involved in this, that would be illegal.

Tell us how you really feel?

Of course blackmail would be illegal and I am sure if the drug dealer had been stupid enough to try and sell this to Ford the cops would have been called in and the drug dealer arrested.

I think we can rule out blackmail as one of Bill Blair's concern. Blair is trying to suggest that the video itself is somehow illegal and anyone involved in either selling or buying it could be subject to criminal prosecution. This is complete nonsense and an act of intimidation on the part of Bill Blair.

The question reporters should be asking Blair is was he aware that the Mayor was associating with gang members? Given the degree to which gangs are surveilled I would be surprised if Ford's drug habits weren't already known to Police and that this information was being kept under tight wraps by Blair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back