165     0 
News   Jul 29, 2024
 310     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 1.6K     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see the moral issue of buying this video. Just because the person who shot the video is a drug dealer doesn't mean that he is going to use that money to buy drugs. For all we know he is going to take the $200K to move somewhere else and turn his life around.

Police put up reward money all the time in order to get tips to solve a crime. They don't care if the leads come from unsavory people.
That is exactly what they told Gawker they want to do with the money. Do I believe it? I dunno about that.

This whole thing continues to be embarrassing. His reluctance to deny the allegations coupled with his brother talking for him was just the icing on the cake. It's hilarious that the football team is disassociating with him (even taking a small jab at him by saying he'll have more time for mayoring now) before the city does. He should be made to resign before bringing any further shame to the city, hopefully with the release of the video he'll do just that.

I don't feel bad for Ford. He insults the very criminals he associates with and he's a homophobic bigot who brought everything upon himself. I'd probably be able to muster up some sympathy for him if he stepped down instead of taking the city down with him. It's his own ego, wealth and power that led him to think he's untouchable.

...Bill Clinton faced impeachment hearings...Sarkozy was run out of the Presidency despite the WORST French politician in history as his opponent. Weiner had to resign due to his idiocy.

Two politicians cheating on their wives is nowhere near as bad as mayor who smoked crack with drug dealers (while also spouting off homophobic and racist remarks). The fact that it'll most likely take this video coming out to finally get rid of him, after everything he's done, says more about his term than the people feverishly supporting the donation page.

Last edited:
BAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA - aside from just repeating Doug's baseless claims that he's being stalked and harassed by the media (why haven't you gone to the cops yet Doug? Or named names?) thereby giving them an "air of truth" to mindless Ford Nationers, Sue Ann Levy went full crazy today. You never go full crazy!

"[Education Director] Rodrigues may have made the final decision but I can’t help but think Premier Kathleen Wynne was involved. I suspect she is just that vindictive."

Sue-Anne Levy's writing is so schizophrenic and her views ever changing, get off the bus or keep riding it for goodness sakes. There's more drama in that story (starting with the headline) than a tweaked-out teenager who gets dumped on prom night. I need to read or watch all sides to an issue but I must control myself and not to click on Toronto Scum links, it's absolute junk that just wasted 90 seconds of my life.

Sue-Anne Levy's writing is so schizophrenic and her views ever changing, get off the bus or keep riding it for goodness sakes. There's more drama in that story (starting with the headline) than a tweaked-out teenager who gets dumped on prom night. I need to read or watch all sides to an issue but I must control myself and not to click on Toronto Scum links, it's absolute junk that just wasted 90 seconds of my life.

So many of these columnists and just political pundits in general have clear personality disorders. Levy is an obvious one, Dimanno is another. Wente. No men come straight to mind but there are plenty. Probably every single Sun columnist and a good chunk of the Star columnists.

I have a soft side for Rex Murphy. He's something of a Andy Rooney-ish curmudgeon and I can't say I always agree with Rex, but I really like his writing flair. I look forward to his inevitable Rob Ford diatribe this week.

So many of these columnists and just political pundits in general have clear personality disorders. Levy is an obvious one, Dimanno is another. Wente. No men come straight to mind but there are plenty. Probably every single Sun columnist and a good chunk of the Star columnists.

About half the time though I can enjoy DiManno. She's by far the best of the Levy/Wente/Blatchford/Blizzard types. Her sports columns aren't half bad. Her post-G20 columns were pretty good too. And there's today's: Cocaine scandal: No matter how it seems on Planet Ford, it’s over: DiManno

Joe Fiorito (Star) and Mike Strobel (Sun) come to mind. Outside of some horrific casting couch situation I am continually baffled that they are employed by any media outlet short of a Tumblr blog, much less two of the biggest outlets in the city. The latter, at least, seems to fancy himself a humour writer but I don't know about Fiorito's excuse.

So today's magic number is $150k. It needs to at least hit $144k to keep pace of reaching the goal by Monday night. It looks like it won't break too much of a sweat doing that from today's contributions so far. 10am and we're already $2,000 into today's $14,000 requirement. For perspective, $28,000 was raised yesterday alone.
So long as Ford keeps silent, he furthers the optics that he's guilty and people will keep talking and wanting to see the tape for themselves. It helps that today's news stories not only mention Crackstarter directly and the progress it's made, some link to it directly! Here's to $150k and beyond today!

MetroMan:

Personally, I think the video doesn't even really matter anymore - his silence pretty much spells out all that one needs to know from the public perspective.

AoD

I kind of agree with AoD about whether or not the video matters anymore, but I hope the fund goes to 200K anyway, and we get to see it for ourselves.

As per Jon Stewart, it's easy to fudge a photo (although that's always detectable) but it is very hard and quite expensive to fudge a movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back