52     0 
News   Jul 29, 2024
 440     0 
News   Jul 29, 2024
 487     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it's been maintaining close to that pace all day. $10,000 every 6 hours equals $833 every 30 minutes, which it has exceeded all afternoon. It's been on a pace of $10,000 every 5 hours since the Doug Ford statement.

Last edited:
The Catholic school board clarifies: Mayor Rob Ford is not allowed to coach at any school in the Catholic system.
Wow. That wasn't just a Don Bosco decision then, but school-board wide. Man, that's a major slap in the face -- the optics of that are terrible.

love Jian Gomeshi's tweet:

'Never has the Mayor been more accessible to citizens...' - Doug Ford at press conference defending his brother.

Accessible? Accessible? Rob Ford was almost never accessible as mayor. Bizarre.

attachment.php

He does make a good 311 or customer service operator, but that is not his job.

Last edited:
I was fortunate enough to have had a beer this afternoon with a close confidante of the Ontario Press Council who has an eye and ear into most everything involving Ontario's print media. He is a former mentor and close friend to one of the two Toronto Star reporters that worked on the file.

A few tidbits from our discussion:

- He believes that the Toronto Star, not Gawker, was first contacted by the video owner. Gawker was approached by the Toronto Star in the hopes that they would purchase the video and claim ownership, with the Star avoiding any legal trouble

- The Star held onto the story for weeks and constantly vetted both Donovan and Doolittle. So much so they placed the two reporters into separate rooms and had them recount what they viewed in the video to ensure that their stories matched

- The Star hoped to hold onto the story for another week. But Gawker posted the article in the late evening without the Star's awareness. It was complete chaos in the Star newsroom as they had only hours to finally submit a cover story before the print deadline

- Lastly, my confidante believes 100% that the video footage is real. He noted that the Toronto Star's track record on Rob Ford 'busts' is immaculate and that both Donovan and Doolittle were of the highest journalistic integrity and would not risk their fledging careers on a hoax.

Last edited:
He noted that the Toronto Star's track record on Rob Ford 'busts' is immaculate and that both Donovan and Doolittle were of the highest journalistic integrity and would not risk their fledging careers on a hoax.

Which is why I get irritated whenever I hear one of the 'Ford Nation' guppies go on about how the Star is persecuting Rob Ford. Is it persecution when everything they report is accurate?

Which is why I get irritated whenever I hear one of the 'Ford Nation' guppies go on about how the Star is persecuting Rob Ford. Is it persecution when everything they report is accurate?

The persecution bit has always been fascinating to observe.

It's though they feel the media should never report when he does something wrong or absurd...or God forbid a person or group stands up for themselves when he calls them a name or makes wild accusations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back