373     0 
News   Jul 29, 2024
 128     0 
News   Jul 29, 2024
 524     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doug Ford using a lectern with official Toronto logo on it... scrum in front of Rob's office... prepared speech, no questions afterwards.... about to start.

EDIT: I am late apparently.

Rob is telling you, Rob isn't telling us. He and he alone should be the one explaining his behaviour. Forget the gravy train, is he on the crack train?

AoD

Last edited:
Wow, what a completely useless press conference that really had nothing to do with the situation.

Doug's speech is designed to carve out sympathy. I suspect that the family strategy is to enhance Doug at this point, since Rob is now a lost cause. It'll play in some circles, but I think most of Toronto wants done with the Fords.

Every action and non-action by the Ford camp just makes the allegations more credible. From a PR perspective, they have horribly miscalculated their "strategy" on this one.

It's not useless in that Rob told Doug, who just went on the record, saying "Rob tells me these stories are untrue and ridiculous, and I believe him". It's on the record now.

Doug Ford lambasted donors of the fundraising campaign for "donating money to drug dealers."

That is the first clear confirmation of a connection to drug dealers.

"Why was Ford hanging out with drug dealers?" is a perfectly appropriate question.

Doug's speech is designed to carve out sympathy.

Knowing the Fords, there was one car up near the cottage that wasn't immediately recognizable so they determined it was the press and made up a "somewhere, this happened" statement about being stalked by the media with stalkers in the bushes. So many of their claims are so completely unsubstantiated that I simply don't believe anything they say.

I'd like to hear from the constituents that are supposedly being visited by Ford all the time, and that Ford is calling back. I have left multiple voicemails over the 3 years and have not once received a call back, even on the simplest stuff (as a test). How can we even verify that Ford is actually doing anything?

love Jian Gomeshi's tweet:

'Never has the Mayor been more accessible to citizens...' - Doug Ford at press conference defending his brother.

"Worst damage control in 40 years that I have ever seen" "He (Doug) has just amped the temperature up by attacking the media" - Robin Sears (spelling?) CP24 1:30pm

"I'm asking all of you today. Please stop harassing my children. Please stop harassing my mother. I got into politics to give back my time. I never ever expected these were the rules of engagement and my family would suffer."

Errrrr, this (if true) is a direct consequence of not addressing the allegations.

Also, Doug is desperately trying to chalk this one up to the ongoing war with The Star, but it was broken by Gawker and is now being carried by every media outlet out there. This pickle would exist without The Star. From the casual conversations I've heard on the streets, people seem to think The Star is in the middle of all of this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back