209     0 
News   Jul 29, 2024
 98     0 
News   Jul 29, 2024
 488     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, this is what I have assumed from Day 1. No respectable news organization will pay for it - it would be toxic for them, and a PR nightmare... think of the backlash from, well, everyone for funding drug dealers. It just reinforces the face that the crowdsourcing is really the best way to go. Spread the guilt as thinly as possible :)

I don't see the moral issue of buying this video. Just because the person who shot the video is a drug dealer doesn't mean that he is going to use that money to buy drugs. For all we know he is going to take the $200K to move somewhere else and turn his life around.

Police put up reward money all the time in order to get tips to solve a crime. They don't care if the leads come from unsavory people.

I don't see the moral issue of buying this video. Just because the person who shot the video is a drug dealer doesn't mean that he is going to use that money to buy drugs. For all we know he is going to take the $200K to move somewhere else and turn his life around.

Police put up reward money all the time in order to get tips to solve a crime. They don't care if the leads come from unsavory people.

it would be mutually assured destruction if any proper journalistic enterprise were to pay that kind of money for a video. It would more or less establish a "going rate" for incriminating evidence, and it would create a market for it - this is why the paparazzi exist, because tabloids will pay big $$$ for exclusive photos. Not only that, but the star would lose any kind of credible claim to impartiality if they put down that kind of money to incriminate a public figure. If they are just reporting on it, fine - but if they are funding drug dealers to do it, that's a whole new can of worms and it's a dark place that no real newspaper will go. Police rewarding tipsters is completely different.

No. Rob Ford has not said on camera that the stories are untrue. He only said that they are ridiculous and an attack by the Toronto Star.

With respect to TOareaFan this is what many people believe, that he denied the allegation. People have busy lives, they read or hear a bit of news here and there and it gets bent out of shape, and the media is a big part of the problem here. Almost every article the first couple of days last week after he said the "allegations were ridiculous" went on to state that the Mayor had denied the allegations, which of course was not true though most articles used his "ridiculous" quote - even my trusted and beloved CBC.

Don't forget dear Toronto taxpayers, we are shelling out a mayor's hefty salary of $167,719 per year to put up with this utterly complete crap. Who will reimburse the city when the mayor goes into total isolation for the next few weeks? Pitiful.

It's being reported on twitter that Ford has been fired from his full time job,

as the coach of his football team.

$115,141 exactly three hours after reaching $110,000. The pace of donations is incredible right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back