2K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.5K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 792     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was this tagging? I couldn't tell from the picture I saw. I was just commenting generally on how anything other than a commissioned mural gets labelled as graffiti. Even without permission, there's some awesome street art out there so it could well be that a mural is being painted over and covered by a mural!

Was this tagging? I couldn't tell from the picture I saw. I was just commenting generally on how anything other than a commissioned mural gets labelled as graffiti. Even without permission, there's some awesome street art out there so it could well be that a mural is being painted over and covered by a mural!

If you are referring to what Ford was cleaning up then yes it was tagging. If you put victoria park and kingston rd into google maps you can see that the tag pictured in the star is not the only tag in that area. There are a fair amount of them.

Last edited:
287kj9y.jpg

Bull. If you can't get permission from the owner of the property, it's defacing someone else's property - even if it's technically professional.

I don't even have to click the link to see what paper that story is from

I'm going to phone him, there are about 300 buildings that have been tagged within a 4 block radius of where I live that he can come and paint being as he seems to have so much free time on his hands - that's easily triple what it used to be before his graffiti program.

I doubt anyone would have given this a second thought if Mr Ford were not always doing something stupid. Give a Mayor a bad name and all that ....

Yes, there is definite truth to that.

I think he needs to borrow this shirt from Mario Balotelli.

article-2052949-0E81FF2A00000578-718_468x286.jpg

Attachments

• article-2052949-0E81FF2A00000578-718_468x286.jpg
    article-2052949-0E81FF2A00000578-718_468x286.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 283
He's still on about the graff, eh?
I've said it before and I'll say it again: the war on graff is like the war on drugs. Pointless. Hopeless. Useless. Wasteful.
How about a war on rubbish mayors? I'm in.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: the war on graff is like the war on drugs. Pointless. Hopeless. Useless. Wasteful.
Count me in! There should be a rule that states that anyone who runs for mayor must have at least a Bachelor's Degree. Right now, I have what Rob Ford does not have: a Bachelor's Degree.

I can just think of so many more things to devote energy to than graffiti, probably because it really doesn't bother me and actually rather interests me -- who did it, what was their message, why there, etc. I also think that painting over it is just an invitation for the taggers/graffiti artists to return so it becomes a cycle and a no-win situation.

In fact, according to Wikipedia he left high school before graduation.

God, what a horrible election that was. Joe Pantalone was the only one of the three candidates with a decent curriculum but was unpalatable to just about anyone other than highly educated downtowners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back