91     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 947     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 4K     7 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always wondered who viewed this thread.

Worms and SAL must be so mad!

I don't know if Worms has much of an expressive range. His reasoning seems diminished. Even his outrage feels second-hand, like someone suggested it to him. That time he raved about the burgers at Ford Fest was about as close as I've seen him get to a genuinely felt emotion/opinion.

SAL on the other hand insists she was only ever disappointed in Ford's inability to function as mayor and never hounded him as she claims others did (she stops just about short of asserting that this 'bullying' (i.e., asking Ford to answer questions) is what gave him cancer/led him to abuse drugs in the first place). She's mostly trying to create interest in her perennially upcoming book.

Last edited:
So if I have Towhey's book and Fillion's is it also worth it to pick up Crazy Town or is that mostly repetition?

I don't know if Worms has much of an expressive range. His reasoning seems diminished. Even his outrage feels second-hand, like someone suggested it to him. That time he raved about the burgers at Ford Fest was about as close as I've seen him get to a genuinely felt emotion/opinion.

SAL on the other hand insists she was only ever disappointed in Ford's inability to function as mayor and never hounded him as she claims others did (she stops just about short of asserting that this 'bullying' (i.e., asking Ford to answer questions) is what gave him cancer/led him to abuse drugs in the first place). She's mostly trying to create interest in her perennially upcoming book.

I just figured that after the Sun lets him write his pro-Ford pieces, he would be a little upset when the paper openly mocks the crack addiction.

So if I have Towhey's book and Fillion's is it also worth it to pick up Crazy Town or is that mostly repetition?
I'd say its the best of the lot. Its the intro to the saga: the family, the friends, the WTFs. I find the timeline at the front of the book helpful in remembering specific dates as Hizzoner unraveled up to the Council's stripping him of his duties. She tries to explain the Ford phenom and the media's difficulties covering the story. It ends on January 2, 2014 when Rob announces his second candidacy for Mayor. Her book is about investigation whereas Towhey's and Filion's are mostly impressionistic portrayals of Rob the "character". The Notes at the back of Crazy Town list a lot of the sources she used, if you want to go back to them.

I've read it or parts of it since I first got it when it was published and find it interesting given all the stuff since. Maybe because this one is from a female reporter's perspective she catches nuances in a larger perspective that the other books missed.

Wonder if Warmington plans to publish a touching posthumous book about Rob?

Re: Towhey and Filion books - The timing of their release, and the media printing the excerpts, not the books themselves, were priceless. Anyone blaming them for Rob's relapse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back