https://twitter.com/Jarzay/status/674034128291926016

Attachments

• rob kobe.JPG
    rob kobe.JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 449
  • rob courtside.JPG
    rob courtside.JPG
    21.4 KB · Views: 467
My Muslim cab driver, my Muslim convenience store clerk, my - let me finish - Muslim hot dog vendor.

In fact I got two Muslim hot dog vendors. They run the stand together, their names are Hal and Al. It's funny, they never seem to have bacon bits as a topping.

Muslims love me! I get along with them very, very well.
My best friend no longer practices but he's from a Muslim background. I was shocked that after Trump's "ban Muslims" proposal he says Trump's growing on him! Maybe it's like how Ford was with the black community. He drops the n-word a few times, supports carding and talks about how they don't have fathers and he has to take care of them, etc, and yet many love him. I've spoken with a few black guys recently who defended Ford aggressively and still swear he was the greatest mayor ever.

Get to bed early, Robbie. It's Council tomorrow.

I spoke too soon, Council have just finished reviewing the order paper and Ford isn't there.

Ford isn't there, because he never sits through all this preliminary stuff, but more surprising is the complete absence of any his customary holds on agenda items. This his office usually does in advance of the meeting, so either he knows he's not going to be there, or he just can't be bothered. As mentioned earlier in this thread, he does have one members motion on the agenda, but these are taken care of at the end of the meeting, likely tomorrow.

Needless to say, things already seem to be going faster than usual.

My best friend no longer practices but he's from a Muslim background. I was shocked that after Trump's "ban Muslims" proposal he says Trump's growing on him! Maybe it's like how Ford was with the black community. He drops the n-word a few times, supports carding and talks about how they don't have fathers and he has to take care of them, etc, and yet many love him. I've spoken with a few black guys recently who defended Ford aggressively and still swear he was the greatest mayor ever.

It's hard to imagine what appeal Trump would hold to even non-practising or ex-Muslims. Ford would claim every single group as his friends; Trump does that too, but he also bashes the same groups when it serves his populist aims.

I spoke too soon, Council have just finished reviewing the order paper and Ford isn't there.

Ford isn't there, because he never sits through all this preliminary stuff, but more surprising is the complete absence of any his customary holds on agenda items. This his office usually does in advance of the meeting, so either he knows he's not going to be there, or he just can't be bothered. As mentioned earlier in this thread, he does have one members motion on the agenda, but these are taken care of at the end of the meeting, likely tomorrow.

Needless to say, things already seem to be going faster than usual.

It's hard dealing with the voices in your head on the phone, so many, so demanding. ;)

It's really nothing new, Robbie has never respected the council or by extension the people of Toronto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back