i didn't see this until now...
180 days.PNG

https://twitter.com/towhey/status/646882133844340737

strange.

Attachments

• 180 days.PNG
    180 days.PNG
    48 KB · Views: 513
He probably was told. But why should he start listening to good advice now?
I'm wondering how much of what the docs say to him is actually understood by him. Then he gets the rehash from his interpreters, Dougie and ("you just need to lose a little weight") Momma, and then it gets churned around in the blender that is his brain, which gets bored by complexity. while he's being flooded by heavy duty pain killers - who's to know? I suggest a constant soundtrack of Monty Python's Always Look On the Bright Side of Life. while revisiting his heydays as The Best Mayor Ever.

I'm trying to imagine what the medical staff have to put up with from this obtuse bunch.

This anti-Wynne page gives Flagg's group a run for their money in the nut job department: https://www.facebook.com/noliberalsca-a-fan-of-wwwnoliberalsca-183275355056175/?fref=ts

For some reason, the Ontario Liberals and Wynne in particular enrage whack jobs like no other party!

An actual post from that group:

"Does anyone know if there is a petition to stop the changing of clocks back. We have been driving in the dark in early morning for a month already, now it is light out. The extra hour is more important in the evening. By December it's dark by 4:30 in the afternoon.There is no longer any need for this."

i found the account of towhey's financial struggles hard to understand too. is he just used to making soooo much money that he has a skewed view of what being broke is? or is there a gambling problem or something going on?

also... keep in mind towhey's book is co-written, whereas filion wrote his by himself.

I found it odd too but then chalked it up to the reality of a new divorce, with a touch of old adages about doctors making the worst patients or cobbler's kids going unshod. In Towhey's case: MBAs have the worst personal finances. Do as I say, not as I do.

The cataract thing was weird though. For those just tuning in, Towhey said he developed an aggressive form of cataracts and was losing his sight by the time he was COS. The job prevented him from seeking timely treatment and he said stress may have been a contributing factor to the progression. He finally got surgery on one eye (no time frame given), but it took a year to get the other done - both of which he said he paid for! I'm no doctor and I've never had cataract surgery (and by "cataract surgery" I mean lens replacement with an implant) , but I know people who have. In Ontario, paying for anything other than a lens upgrade should not be necessary and I think at most the people I know who've had it wait maybe six months, but usually it's three. Usually, you have one eye done then the other (if necessary) a few months later. I know my aunt was given a relatively long-ish wait time in Niagara Region but her doctor also operates out of Northumberland County where the wait time was less (i.e three months). She went to Northumberland. So I don't know why he had to wait. Or pay. He had an exchange with a couple of people on Twitter the other day about the cataract thing but never really answered their questions about why he paid or the wait, just something about universal coverage and medical rationing. Just not much of a squeaky wheel when it comes to taking care of himself I guess?

...I suggest a constant soundtrack of Monty Python's Always Look On the Bright Side of Life. while revisiting his heydays as The Best Mayor Ever...

I picture Ford thinking much the way Homer Simpson thinks (blank, food, blank, football, blank). Or if there is a sound track it's March of the Gladiators
(was this ever actually associated with Gladiators?)

or more likely Darryll's "Tiny Oompah Band" from Kids in the Hall:
:)

He must be really feeling it this time. The bravado, taking "Constichewent Calls" on his sick bed, the affected gravelly voice and calling Warmington aren't happening. Rob must be realizing that this time it's for real and it's serious.

Well, he did say that he would be taking over Rob's day-to-day obligations so I guess now it will be Dougie who'll be sleeping 'til noon, visiting TCHC drug-dealing constichewants, pissing in public and slapping around Renata.

Council just decided to finish the agenda tonight, in two days. I guess Rob won't get his chance to rant about expenses.
but his supporters won't know that. i think it's safe to say they don't closely follow what actually happens at city hall. reading about it in the sun means rob already ranted. as in, ask one of them and they'll likely tell you that rob did rant about those councillors/expenses.

Last edited:
That is for cases where someone is ill or has a valid reason for not being at council. If they don't excuse the absence enough times, removal is a possibility. This came up when the ex-mayor was in rehab or in the hospital before.

I'm almost wondering if it'll come to the point where authorities actually have to break into RoFo's house, and be shocked by what they see (dead or alive or whatever).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back