180     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 934     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1K     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

I didn't really want to listen to Towhey this morning and I didn't have time anyway, but this is the one thing I caught on the way out.

Seriously, what the hell kind of special sandwich could this be? Three hours? Like, drive an hour to pick it up, another hour to deliver it to her, another hour to get back to city hall?

Either Stephanie is incredibly spoiled or no one in the Ford household ever thought of trying to make an equivalent sandwich at home ... or both.

I didn't really want to listen to Towhey this morning and I didn't have time anyway, but this is the one thing I caught on the way out.

Seriously, what the hell kind of special sandwich could this be? Three hours? Like, drive an hour to pick it up, another hour to deliver it to her, another hour to get back to city hall?

Either Stephanie is incredibly spoiled or no one in the Ford household ever thought of trying to make an equivalent sandwich at home ... or both.

Sandwiches for Stephanie? This from the man who cancelled sandwich suppers for councillors when meetings run late. It also amazes me how much Rob's office staff apparently put up with. Booze & sandwich runs, personal finances, fixing Renata's computer.

Sandwiches for Stephanie? This from the man who cancelled sandwich suppers for councillors when meetings run late. It also amazes me how much Rob's office staff apparently put up with. Booze & sandwich runs, personal finances, fixing Renata's computer.

Respect for taxpayers, most of all me.

This nullifies the argument that we should stop criticizing Ford for anything because he was struggling with addiction and cancer. Neither of those things causes that level of entitlement and self-indulgence.

Self entitlement that he has passed to his kids. YAH! lets hope they grow out of it. Just another reason it of reminds me of the "that's for the servants" attitude and the whole class/caste system, and it this case, I pay more taxes (that I don't cheat on) so I'm entitled to more everything.

I do have to ask what is wrong with Renata that she is so useless.

Rob is functionally illiterate. He doesn't read (Council handbook), he doesn't know how to absorb information (just about any city council pre-reading), he's not good with the math, and he has very poor processing skills. That's why his one and only MO is the phone, where he can talk to people and appear to be busy. Or football coaching, where he can yell. Not only does Rob not know how to use a computer, the entire online world is alien to him, unless someone interprets it for him. He has no clue what's posted online in his name or what is said about him and cares even less. My guess is he approves none of this. Some eager young staffer is trying hard to impress. Rob's the kind of guy who needs help finding his section, row, and seat number at a Jays game. Hence all the chums, the gladhanding, the minions. Doug's not much better - he has the handwriting of someone who doesn't use writing as any kind of communication or business tool. They are a pair of supremely undereducated people - just like a pair of pre-literate four-year olds, it's all about what comes out of the mouth.

I'm sure this is correct, and that most, if not all, of the troll attacks spewing forth from Rofo's office over the years were the work of minions, but I'm still reminded of a comment Gore Vidal once made of President Ronald Reagan: "To the extent that he understands what's going on around him, he probably agrees with it." Anything sufficiently nasty that's aimed at Ford 'enemies' (real or imagined) undoubtedly got Slob's enthusiastic nod of approval.

He had to be explained to on that? *blink blink* Just goes and tell you he haven't had the faintest clue what "respect for taxpayers" actually meant.

To Rofo's tiny little pea brain, "Respect For Taxpayers" = being able to do whatever the hell he damn well wants. The end.

Self entitlement that he has passed to his kids. YAH! lets hope they grow out of it. Just another reason it of reminds me of the "that's for the servants" attitude and the whole class/caste system, and it this case, I pay more taxes (that I don't cheat on) so I'm entitled to more everything.

I do have to ask what is wrong with Renata that she is so useless.
One thing I've noticed in really dysfunctional families is that the kids develop ways of coping by learning to manipulate their parents. We've seen some indications that Steph is capable of defying her dad in public. She knows he has to behave differently when he's in public than when he's at home. For kids that are smarter than their parents food manipulation is quite common. Rob's eating obsessions, the fact that they rarely seem to have meals together, and Rob's attitude that women can be manipulated by token rewards interspersed into the general abuse - the sandwich run kinda makes sense. If it takes his staff 3 hours to pick up, deliver and return to the office probably speaks more to how much they want to be at the office. I wonder how long the bottle runs took them.

If it takes his staff 3 hours to pick up, deliver and return to the office probably speaks more to how much they want to be at the office. I wonder how long the bottle runs took them.

I guess that makes sense if they got the sandwich delivery done in time for Stephanie's lunch and then took off, but then Ford probably also would want to know where they were the rest of the time. Unless he himself wasn't at work and was phoning the order in. Which would mean Stephanie was at school - presumably in Etobicoke - and Rob was most likely in Etobicoke as well?

Where the hell was this sandwich? Does Rob's daughter have some kind of super-picky attitude like the sandwich has to be made exactly her way and from one specific location?

How much of an impact would the Towhey book have on Rob possibly trying to become mayor again? This is assuming that ranked ballots and the COI case don't hamper his dream.

Subways. Subways. Subways.

Actually ... I have an idea of where the Ford kids might go to school. And it is near a Subway. And I can just picture Renata being too out of it to make lunch, Rob refusing to do it and sending someone out to get the sandwich for Stephanie and bring it to her because she can't leave the premises by herself. So it's a good 45-50 minute drive from City Hall, probably more with midday traffic, factor in time spent waiting, parking ... yeah, could be closing in on 3 hours. If it really IS the Steak Queen, 3 hours for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back