News   Jul 19, 2024
 3.2K     7 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 1K     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm intrigued by this quote:

"Most people that do drugs, I’m not saying smoking marijuana, I’m saying doing cocaine…usually start with drinks.”

So, is that a hint, or what? (Not that I'd hold lighting up against him... at least after the kids have gone to bed.)

Hell, I just finished my second Guinness and I'm feeling it.

Yo Sandro, chop one out ya bumbaclot!

Worms was being critical of Tory in terms of the Austin trip and I called him out as being soft on Rob and Doug. He didn't respond.

ETA: Check out what he is saying. So much enabling...

Last edited:
I was wondering if there had been another situation where the ex-mayor ran for council after losing and there is indeed one: Marion Barry! He was mayor and after that, sat as a councillor until the last election, where he lost his primary. Now, he didn't become "official opposition" to the next mayor.

Joe Warmington
@joe_warmington
@BautistaBomb Tory+Ford will work closer I predict next year when new mayor understands job better and old one gets over fact he's not mayor

Doubtful. Rob will still be campaigning for 2018 as long as he is a councillor.

Last edited:
I was wondering if there had been another situation where the ex-mayor ran for council after losing and there is indeed one: Marion Barry! He was mayor and after that, sat as a councillor until the last election, where he lost his primary. Now, he didn't become "official opposition" to the next mayor.

Doubtful. Rob will still be campaigning for 2018 as long as he is a councillor.

That's exactly what he's doing in that article, he's campaigning. The clean and sober Rob Ford Bubblehead will be available soon.

That's exactly what he's doing in that article, he's campaigning. The clean and sober Rob Ford Bubblehead will be available soon.

Oh yeah, he's campaigning. But not for some shitty little mayor of Toronto position. He belongs on the world stage as Prime Minister of Canada... or UN Secretary-General.

In terms of Toronto, John Sewell won the byelection to replace Dan Heap a year after his mayoral defeat. And Etobicoke's Bruce Sinclair, defeated as Mayor in 1994, was elected to Megacouncil in 1997 (and lost in 2000)

The difference with Rob is that he actually ran as mayor and debated Tory before dropping out of the race and going for the council seat.

I was wondering if there had been another situation where the ex-mayor ran for council after losing and there is indeed one: Marion Barry! He was mayor and after that, sat as a councillor until the last election, where he lost his primary. Now, he didn't become "official opposition" to the mayor.

So did working for Marion Barry boost his EA/PA's c.v., or drag it down? Maybe the controversy itself is a plus?

Whatever the answer, please tell Dan Jacobs. :)

Rob Ford was still being paid during his chemo treatment. There is a woman who had to undergo chemo (see link) but had quit the chemo because she couldn’t afford to miss work. Must be nice to get paid by the family business (and as the mayor or councillor) while undergoing chemo, but others can't do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back