694     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 3.2K     7 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 1K     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like how everyone is kicking the Doug Ford can down the road. All the doors are closing. What's next? Grand Order of Poobahs?

It isn't like he would be a cabinet minister or something if he got elected. Look at Karygiannis, who spent more than two decades doing very little when he bothered to show up for work.

Glorified? You're giving him too much credit. Doug would merely be a backbencher.

This is true. Given his quest for power, I don't see the point in running for a federal seat.

Jonathan Goldsbie ‏@goldsbie 1m1 minute ago
CP24 onscreen text: "Doug Ford Comments On What His Brother Rob Has Said About Him"

Hahaha!

Jonathan Goldsbie ‏@goldsbie 23s23 seconds ago
Doug Ford claims there's been "a lot of courting" to have him run for the federal Conservatives but says he'd rather focus on the province.
CP24 ‏@CP24 38s38 seconds ago
Ford says he is "focusing on the province" right now and will consider running for office in Ontario.
Jonathan Goldsbie ‏@goldsbie 1m1 minute ago
And now we can again stop thinking about him for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:
He looks huge to me. The comment about the tightly wound belt was odd, I mean isn't that what belts do, wind tightly so as pants don't fall down? And are we REALLY to believe that he only has coffee for lunch?

Upon reflection I'm sure the belt thing will be used as a metaphor just like Dougie "running" marathons and loosing "50 pounds". It's a side step from the "Cut the Waste" challenge.

If Robbie is only doing caffeine instead of meals, well that is stupid considering his medical status. I does explain why he is not losing weight, his body would be in starvation mode.

Ford doesn't go out for lunch because “If we go outside, all we’re going to do is take pictures. We won’t have a lunch". So, he can get his staffers to go out and get him booze but not lunch? Interesting.

Rob Ford was still being paid during his chemo treatment.
So would most people with stable middle-class or professional employment. Isn't this a good thing? Do we want people struggling to pay the mortgage when they're undergoing cancer treatment? I'd expect any career city employee to receive some support when in health crisis. Councillors Moeser and Mammolitti collected their pay last session when dealing with health concerns. Look, Rob Ford is a destructive idiot unfit for any public service, and I won't be mourning long if he doesn't recover (although always unfortunate when someone with young children passes away), but some of the things people click their tongues at Rob Ford over are absurd. That greater classes of workers are marginalized into insecure employment that doesn't provide the security that previous generations of working class Canadians may have enjoyed shouldn't be held over Rob Ford the cancer patient, although as a (thoughtless) politician he has no doubt advocated many policies that have cemented the prosperity divide.

Last edited:
Rob Ford was still being paid during his chemo treatment. There is a woman who had to undergo chemo (see link) but had quit the chemo because she couldn’t afford to miss work. Must be nice to get paid by the family business (and as the mayor or councillor) while undergoing chemo, but others can't do the same.

So would most people with stable middle-class or professional employment. Isn't this a good thing? Do we want people struggling to pay the mortgage when they're undergoing cancer treatment? I'd expect any career city employee to receive some support when in health crisis. Councillors Moeser and Mammolitti collected their pay last session when dealing with health concerns. Look, Rob Ford is a destructive idiot unfit for any public service, and I won't be mourning long if he doesn't recover (although always unfortunate when someone with young children passes away), but some of the things people click their tongues at Rob Ford over are absurd. That greater classes of workers are marginalized into insecure employment that doesn't provide the security that previous generations of working class Canadians may have enjoyed shouldn't be held over Rob Ford the cancer patient, although as a (thoughtless) politician he has no doubt advocated many policies that have cemented the prosperity divide.

And worst, he got the gall to say this:

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/dai...ses-publicly-funded-healthcare-194317264.html

So we have someone who believe it cost the taxpayer too much, advocated tough-love, and yet himself having benefited twice - first through the publicly funded system, and second through the virtue of benefits provided by his publicly funded position. (and one that he frankly had been absolutely worthless at, but that's besides the point). The hypocrisy is breathtaking.

AoD

Last edited:
Well, look who broke their silence.

Hmmm... Robbie piece yesterday and CP2Ford for Dougie today... the coordination is almost like synchronized swimming.

Glorified? You're giving him too much credit. Doug would merely be a backbencher.

Runs in the family, it's genetic!

And worst, he got the gall to say this:

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/dai...ses-publicly-funded-healthcare-194317264.html

So we have someone who believe it cost the taxpayer too much, advocated tough-love, and yet himself having benefited twice - first through the publicly funded system, and second through the virtue of benefits provided by his publicly funded position. (and one that he frankly had been absolutely worthless at, but that's besides the point). The hypocrisy is breathtaking.

AoD

+100! This^

These are the real Ford politics, as they are his (their?) actions, not just words. Hypocritical, cheap and cowardly.

Rob's talk about Obamacare is just a flat-earth idiot shooting his mouth off. On a sports show, no less.

If I'm at a restaurant, and some dork at the next table is pontificating about US teevee football, and then moves on to US teevee healthcare, am I gonna listen?

Or instead, some old school leftie says the gummint should give everyone a free car, do I take it seriously?

So why do some see these idiotic, non-thoughts as "political theory"? Because Right Wing. It's not thought. A fart would have been more à propos.

Last edited:
+100! This^

These are the real Ford politics, as they are his (their?) actions, not just words. Hypocritical, cheap and cowardly.

Rob's talk about Obamacare is just a flat-earth idiot shooting his mouth off. On a sports show, no less.

If I'm at a restaurant, and some dork at the next table is pontificating about US teevee football, and then moves on to US teevee healthcare, am I gonna listen?

Or instead, some old school leftie says the gummint should give everyone a free car, do I take it seriously?

So why do some see these idiotic, non-thoughts as "political theory"? Because Right Wing. It's not thought. A fart would have been more à propos.

Well, it is these circumstances where I would say - rules be damned and hold him to each and every word he said. There are plenty of cancer centres in the US that would take his money, he should get treated there instead, we can't afford dead weight like him.

AoD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back