826     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 3.7K     7 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 1.1K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't remember Dan Jacobs doing anything offensive. I saw him occasionally and he was always polite. Graeme, on the other hand, was a total idiot on twitter and was completely unprofessional. I don't see how this complaint is going to get anywhere seeing that Tory didn't name anyone in Ford's office.

http://m.torontosun.com/2015/03/12/tory-wont-apologize-to-ford-staffer-who-filed-complaint

The mayor isn’t apologizing to a Rob Ford staffer who complained about him to the integrity commissioner.

As the Toronto Sun first reported, Dan Jacobs — Ford’s executive assistant and former mayor’s office chief of staff — filed a complaint in the wake of John Tory’s tussle with Ford on the council floor on Wednesday.

In response to Ford questioning his office budget, Tory stressed that he’s running the mayor’s office in a “professional manner.” That prompted a complaint from Jacobs, who argued Tory’s exchange with Ford called into question “the manner in which I conducted myself while employed in the Office of the Mayor, as it does for any past employees of that office.”

“Not only is this incredibly disrespectful, but I believe it could open both the mayor and the city to potential liability, as it puts a negative slant on my work as an employee of the city, which he has no right to say,” Jacobs wrote to the city’s integrity commissioner.

On Thursday, Tory shrugged off a question about Jacobs’ complaint and his request for an apology.

“I think the overall record on all this speaks for itself,” Tory said. “I have really nothing to add.”

Jacobs said Tory’s response didn’t address his concern at all.

“Based on his response, it seems he thinks his comments were solely directed at Councillor Ford. They were not. His comments were about the office, and its professional conduct,” Jacobs told the Sun Thursday afternoon.

“I have received nothing from his office or the integrity commissioner as of yet, and I believe the mayor owes all staff who worked under Mayor Rob Ford an apology.”

Too bad, Dan. You look like a big baby.

Last edited:
And Towhey was defending Ford's staff on twitter today. :rolleyes:

Fortunately Tory's defense is neatly laid out in a court document:

Page 73
TOWHEY's beliefs in relation to Mayor FORD's alcohol use

nn) TOWHEY has maybe attended 25 to 30 events with the Mayor. He has never seen him consume alcohol at any of these events. TOWHEY had suspicions that it was maybe mixed in his drinks but cannot be sure.
oo) He believes that the Mayor is an alcoholic. Staff members routinely buy alcohol for the Mayor because they do not want him doing it himself. As soon as the Mayor walks into a liquor store it is on Twitter.
pp) TOWHEY was advised every time a staff member left the office to go and buy the Mayor alcohol. It was TOWHEY's belief that the Mayor consumed alcohol while at City Hall.

page 114
ppp) Nico FIDANI, Kia NEJATIAN, Michael PREMPEH, Amin MASSOUDI and Isaac SHIROKOFF may have bought alcohol for the Mayor as well. Staffers would go approximately 10 times per month to purchase alcohol for the Mayor.

page 134
qq) Twice a week NEJATIAN would buy a mickey of lceberg vodka for Mayor FORD.

Based on his response, it seems he thinks his comments were solely directed at Councillor Ford. They were not. His comments were about the office, and its professional conduct,” Jacobs told the Sun Thursday afternoon.

Actually, it specifically references the "running" of the mayor's office, which is done by the mayor...not the staff.

At any rate, the increased budget reflects the fact that the mayor's office under Ford was understaffed to do the job properly...it doesn't bring into question the individual conduct of the staff that was there (although, the simple fact that you would want to be a Ford staffer brings your intelligence into question).

He blocked me, too, and I don't even follow him!

Dan Jacobs @danjacobs_
My new hobby - blocking people who have nothing but uninformed, non-constructive, and frankly inappropriate and rude comments to make.

I don't think it wise to block your employer. ;) (that includes Robbie too.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back