826     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 3.7K     7 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 1.1K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as campaigning for the next mayor's race, Ford's done a great job. Even if almost all of his motions were shot down he's dominated the headlines. But you've got to wonder how much is getting done for Ward 2.

As far as campaigning for the next mayor's race, Ford's done a great job. Even if almost all of his motions were shot down he's dominated the headlines. But you've got to wonder how much is getting done for Ward 2.

Nothing ever got done for Ward 2 from 2000-2014, so I doubt it is any different.

Was there security at that one library in the east end where a guy killed his dad?

You don't even have to bring up extreme incidents like that one. I'm often at the Toronto Reference Library, and disruptive and/or obviously fucked up street people are constantly present and often have to be removed. I've seen violence break out on several occasions. I've seen similar episodes at other branches, too. At the St. Jamestown Library, I once observed a nasty little argument in which one woman threatened to kill another.

Libraries don't need security, indeed. As usual, Ford doesn't know what the hell he's talking about.

Edited to add: As for Ford dominating the headlines, he's certainly dominating the Sun, but is anyone else really paying all that much attention to him anymore?

You don't even have to bring up extreme incidents like that one. I'm often at the Toronto Reference Library, and disruptive and/or obviously fucked up street people are constantly present and often have to be removed. I've seen violence break out on several occasions. I've seen similar episodes at other branches, too. At the St. Jamestown Library, I once observed a nasty little argument in which one woman threatened to kill another.

Libraries don't need security, indeed. As usual, Ford doesn't know what the hell he's talking about.

Edited to add: As for Ford dominating the headlines, he's certainly dominating the Sun, but is anyone else really paying all that much attention to him anymore?

Not much, as far as I can tell. He's being covered, but he doesn't seem to be getting the stage, at least in the newspapers. That's a postive, IMO. Obsessing over Rob Ford is best left to obsessives like us. ;)

Only the Sun has been putting him on the front page, but they have no integrity. Even CP2Ford has really cut back on coverage of him.

Only the Sun has been putting him on the front page, but they have no integrity. Even CP2Ford has really cut back on coverage of him.

For the sake of my own mental health I've reduced my intake of CP2Ford broadcasting from limited to near-zero, so this is quite gratifying to learn.

Joe Warmington @joe_warmington · 42m 42 minutes ago
"Things are going to change" -- Mayor John Tory
Joe Warmington @joe_warmington · 5m 5 minutes ago
The story 4 MayorTory is just beginning if he wants to change the way things are down in Toronto biz and development. It's a noble pursuit
Joe Warmington @joe_warmington · 2m 2 minutes ago
Mayor Tory's resistance forces will be far tougher than from tough critics like Ford or Perks. This is the big time.

If he says so...

Wow, just as clueless as Rob.

Copy of the email from Jacobs re Tory:

"Good afternoon Valerie,

I would like to file an informal (at this point) complaint against Mayor Tory, for comments he made today on the Council Floor.

In a period of questioning with Councillor Ford, Mayor Tory gave, as a reason for needing an increased office budget, his having a professional staff that act in a professional manner.

This calls into question the manner in which I conducted myself while employed in the Office of the Mayor, as it does for any past employees of that Office.

Not only is this incredibly disrespectful, but I believe it could open both the Mayor and the City to potential liability, as it puts a negative slant on my work as an employee of the City, which he has no right to say. This could affect my future employment.

As a result, I am asking for Mayor Tory to apologize for his comments about Mayor Ford’s staff.

I have CC’ed the staff members who I worked with on this message, including those who no longer work for the City, that I have personal contact information for, as I can personally attest to their professional manner while working in the office, and while dealing with the thousands of constituents, staff, and stakeholders that contacted the Mayor’s Office while we worked there.

I ask that you please keep personal e-mail addresses private.

Thanking you in advance for your prompt attention to this matter,

Dan Jacobs
Executive Assistant
Councillor Rob Ford
Ward 2, Etobicoke"

http://blogs.canoe.ca/goodgravy/pol...int-against-john-tory-from-rob-fords-staffer/

Geez, you'd think that reference letter from Méjor Ford would be enough. :) Now he wants a public artefact from Mr Tory. (Bit of a quantum leap up the notoriety scale, if you ask me.)

Can hardly wait to see that on LinkedIn.
If he has a handgun licence, he could mention that as well.

Makes you wonder about the career history of Marion Barry's former executive assistant...

Wow, just as clueless as Rob.

Copy of the email from Jacobs re Tory:

"Good afternoon Valerie,

I would like to file an informal (at this point) complaint against Mayor Tory, for comments he made today on the Council Floor.

In a period of questioning with Councillor Ford, Mayor Tory gave, as a reason for needing an increased office budget, his having a professional staff that act in a professional manner.

This calls into question the manner in which I conducted myself while employed in the Office of the Mayor, as it does for any past employees of that Office.

Not only is this incredibly disrespectful, but I believe it could open both the Mayor and the City to potential liability, as it puts a negative slant on my work as an employee of the City, which he has no right to say. This could affect my future employment.

As a result, I am asking for Mayor Tory to apologize for his comments about Mayor Ford’s staff.

I have CC’ed the staff members who I worked with on this message, including those who no longer work for the City, that I have personal contact information for, as I can personally attest to their professional manner while working in the office, and while dealing with the thousands of constituents, staff, and stakeholders that contacted the Mayor’s Office while we worked there.

I ask that you please keep personal e-mail addresses private.

Thanking you in advance for your prompt attention to this matter,

Dan Jacobs
Executive Assistant
Councillor Rob Ford
Ward 2, Etobicoke"

http://blogs.canoe.ca/goodgravy/pol...int-against-john-tory-from-rob-fords-staffer/

With all the evidence of staff members in Robbie's office acting in a manner "incredibly disrespectful" and comments of a "negative slant", including from Robbie, I call bullshit; it's a no brainer, social and big media has it all.

Joey Worms said:
Joe Warmington @joe_warmington · 42m 42 minutes ago
"Things are going to change" -- Mayor John Tory

Joe Warmington @joe_warmington · 5m 5 minutes ago
The story 4 MayorTory is just beginning if he wants to change the way things are down in Toronto biz and development. It's a noble pursuit

Joe Warmington @joe_warmington · 2m 2 minutes ago
Mayor Tory's resistance forces will be far tougher than from tough critics like Ford or Perks. This is the big time.
I don't understand what he's saying at all.

Same here, I thought it was a parody.

Worms likes to make patronizing/supercilious comments like this, he thinks it makes him sound important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back