News   Jul 19, 2024
 3.7K     7 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 1.2K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don Peat @reporterdonpeat · 5m 5 minutes ago
"I think they are curious" John Tory on Rob Ford's budget motions #TOpoli #curious
Natalie Johnson ‏@NatalieCTV 15s16 seconds ago
John Tory on Rob Ford's 30 cost-saving ideas: "I think they're curious." Says he was just Mayor, should've passed them then (some he tried)
Don Peat @reporterdonpeat · 4m 4 minutes ago
"There is a lot of inconsistencies in his motions" John Tory on Rob Ford's budget motions #TOpoli

Well played, sir!

Given you often get what you pay for, Mamms idea would likely mean the poorest neighbourhoods get the poorest garbage collection. Favela anyone?

How about a Garbage Levy for those enjoying the benefits of Toronto 's real estate bubble? Houses valued over $2million pay an additional garbage levy to cover the bill (or at least a good part of it) for priority neighbourhoods?

People would start to use priority neighborhood's receptacles and/or dump behind businesses.

I'm not disagreeing, but I'm not so sure everyone will throw the week's garbage in the trunk of the Benz and drive on out to Rexdale. Mind you, I don't even have a car.

As for dumpsters behind businesses, in some cities (Melbourne for one), ALL dumpsters are locked! City bylaw, I believe.

The first time you see it, it's pretty weird. All garbage and recycling under lock and key? Yepper.

Last edited:
Ben Spurr ‏@BenSpurr 33s34 seconds ago
Under questioning from Cllr Crisanti, city staff say that a few of the programs Ford is moving to cut don't actually have funding right now

Anything to get attention though.

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 3m3 minutes ago
Cllr Shelley Carroll now asking questions that are disproving the claims Rob Ford makes about staffing in some of his budget motions #TOpoli
Jennifer Pagliaro ‏@jpags 51s52 seconds ago
Bit by bit, some councillors are trying to prove some of Ford's 30 upcoming motions unnecessary before we even get to them.

More Mammo:

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 58s58 seconds ago
"Here we go again" Cllr Giorgio Mammoliti rises to defend Cllr Jim Karygiannis #TOpoli
Jennifer Pagliaro ‏@jpags 35s36 seconds ago
Nunziata is now trying to rule Karygiannis' question out of order. Mammoliti is up defending Karygiannis in the new normal at council.

Last edited:
While I was off Twitter, Tory apparently owned Ford by bringing up his less than professional conduct.

Don PeatVerified account
‏@reporterdonpeat
Councillors applauding Mayor John Tory for defending his office budget to Rob Ford #TOpoli
Don Peat @reporterdonpeat · 34m 34 minutes ago
John Tory tells Rob Ford he needs more money for the mayor's office budget b/c he's running it in a "professional manner" #TOpoli #BOOM
Don Peat @reporterdonpeat · 34m 34 minutes ago
"Since you want to go down this road ..." Mayor John Tory to Rob Ford #TOpoli

Last edited:
While I was off Twitter, Tory apparently owned Ford by bringing up his less than professional conduct.
It was pretty good. Tory didn't say it out loud, but the implication was that Ford should have been keeping watch on projects like the Spadina subway and its overruns.

Then Ford tried to ask why Tory didn't return phone calls and the speaker shut him down, saying that wasn't a question about the budget.

Later Ford said libraries don't need security because he's never seen his kids fighting another kid for a dinosaur book. I would figure Ford hasn't actually seen the inside of a library.

Last edited:
It was pretty good. Tory didn't say it out loud, but the implication was that Ford should have been keeping watch on projects like the Spadina subway and its overruns.

Then Ford tried to ask why Tory didn't return phone calls and the speaker shut him down, saying that wasn't a question about the budget.

Later Ford said libraries don't need security because he's never seen his kids fighting another kid for a dinosaur book. I would figure Ford hasn't actually seen the inside of a library.

A couple of years ago a man killed his father in the library on Main south of Gerrard.

Karygiannis made a fool of himself while Mammoliti was telling council how his mother called him an idiot. Mammoliti said it in Italian while Augmieri was translating out loud for those who don't speak Italian. Karygiannis heard her say Mammo was an idiot, got up and demanded an apology to Mammo and everyone burst out laughing. What a buffoon!

Rich from someone who needed dedicated security when he was the chief magistrate. Guess it's the company he keeps.

AoD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back