918     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 3.9K     7 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 1.2K     4 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
And he has received the royal treatment — even being met at the airport by the mayor of Montego Bay, His Worship Glendon Harris.

There will be no jaywalking tickets to the legendary Torontonian there.

Because it's all about who you know, not whether you bother to obey laws or anything. Got it.

Because it's all about who you know, not whether you bother to obey laws or anything. Got it.

The last time Rob went off to "relax" and "chill" led to many hilarious episodes of happy mayhem ... car crashes, country pumpkins, private parking spots, errand-running, Tim Hortons washrooms, and being tossed out of rehab. Rob doesn't do down time and he has the attention span of a gnat. Granted, his illness and substantial loss of status may have toned down his natural ebullience ... yet I can't help wondering what might be going on at the resort.

The last time Rob went off to "relax" and "chill" led to many hilarious episodes of happy mayhem ... car crashes, country pumpkins, private parking spots, errand-running, Tim Hortons washrooms, and being tossed out of rehab. Rob doesn't do down time and he has the attention span of a gnat. Granted, his illness and substantial loss of status may have toned down his natural ebullience ... yet I can't help wondering what might be going on at the resort.

I don't think Rob will get into too much trouble. The stress of being mayor is gone and so are the people that encouraged his wild behaviour. I'm not saying he won't party, but I think his really wild days are behind him, at least for now.

Snorting coke off the chest of a $10.00 hooker? It would be irresponsible not to speculate!

I don't think Rob will get into too much trouble. The stress of being mayor is gone and so are the people that encouraged his wild behaviour. I'm not saying he won't party, but I think his really wild days are behind him, at least for now.

I'm thinking the choice of Jamaica versus 30 other vacatuon spots that are less drug-friendly is signicigant

And the key to his popularity can all be boiled down to this...

The most common request of the famous former mayor whose crack cocaine admission and eventual rehab are known around the world?

“Do some patois.”

Even Mayor Harris was encouraging him.

Ford said he has had more than a few requests for a live performance of YouTube patois rant at Steak Queen.

They also want to see him bust some moves like he did to Bob Marley’s, One Love, on the city council floor just before Christmas 2013.

“I hear he’s pretty good,” Harris said of The Fordman’s patois and jamming.

Yeah, just like a puppy dog, barking and dancing on cue for the camera. Like, that's all an elected politician's good for. (And why not? We all know dog and cat videos are waaaay more popular than boring Council sessions, etc)

From Warmington's article:
"“I love Jamaica,” said Ford. “And I absolutely love the Jamaican people. I have many friends at home and people have been so nice to me here.”"

Ford said he has many friends at home? What a weird thing to say. Who does that? It's almost as if all he said was that he loves Jamaica and the people and they've been nice to him and Warmington added the "I have many friends at home" part himself. It just seems so out of place. Then again, it is a Warmington article.

"“I love Jamaica,” said Ford. “And I absolutely love the Jamaican people. I have many friends at home and people have been so nice to me here.”"

Ford said he has many friends at home? What a weird thing to say. Who does that? It's almost as if all he said was that he loves Jamaica and the people and they've been nice to him and Warmington added the "I have many friends at home" part himself. It just seems so out of place. Then again, it is a Warmington article.

If he did indeed get that from the Fordman himself / I'd imagine he said "I have many *jamaican* friends"

Because Ford.

"“I love Jamaica,†said Ford. “And I absolutely love the Jamaican people. I have many friends at home and people have been so nice to me here.â€"

I'm so glad someone brought this up. I read that and thought WTF? It's like somebody, during an interview, inserting into their stream: "I have a puppy" or "I like grapes".

Maybe it's, as Yaitsme noted above, a penfart by JW, but still all I hear is "Check me out. People like me and Imma prove it. I'm wickedly awesome, mon. Check me".

Between the Fordman and the NightScratcher, these things read like a ransom note.

If he did indeed get that from the Fordman himself / I'd imagine he said "I have many *jamaican* friends"

Because Ford.

I thought exactly the same thing. I wonder now if he remembered dougies great success with " my doctor , lawyer etc. are Jewish" and his claim to have lots of Jamaican friends at home just kinda died on the tongue.

Last week's prelim was a good fix. Now what to do until April 13th?!
Y'all will have to keep me entertained folks. Get posting!!

Is it April 13 yet?!? It's been absolutely fascinating and mind-blowing watching the preliminary hearings so far. Looking forward to it resuming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back