914     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 3.9K     7 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 1.2K     4 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
-- if he's going to die soon you'd think he'd leave those for his son as mementos.

Do you think his son serves any purpose other than protoplasmic affirmation of RoFo's masculinity and "normality"?

All in all, this *does* have that vibe of RoFo winding things down because he knows he doesn't have long to live anymore, and even his family no longer matters--if he kicks the bucket, that's their problem, let them deal with it: that kind of rationale...

Do you think his son serves any purpose other than protoplasmic affirmation of RoFo's masculinity and "normality"?

All in all, this *does* have that vibe of RoFo winding things down because he knows he doesn't have long to live anymore, and even his family no longer matters--if he kicks the bucket, that's their problem, let them deal with it: that kind of rationale...

Maybe. But it also smacks of a guy who's trying to get as much attention as he can. With Rob, it could be anything.

Maybe. But it also smacks of a guy who's trying to get as much attention as he can. With Rob, it could be anything.

I don't think he's doing this because he thinks he's dying, he's doing it to stay in the media. He can't handle not being there.

It's all about the attention. Imagine living like a rock star for the last few years and then going back to the routine of Renata and the kids. He's bored out of his mind and wanted to see if he could still draw a crowd. Sad.

"Hey Little Dougie, here's the worn and greasy shirt I wore when I was photographed with three of my gangland friends, one of whom is now dead! That photo of me went all round the world, son! I want you to know that your daddy is a great guy who always has the love of the common folk. Er, sorry about the sweat stains."

Are you kidding? You can always buy or receive a new jacket. If people want to pay top dollar for stuff you don't need, you'd be wise to sell it.

Is the Don Bosco coaching jacket a core item to him? They fired / rejected him, so wouldn't he want to monetize that instead? By selling it, it's an excellent "F-U" to the administration and parents who wanted him out - he gets one last benefit out of his connection to the program, and they simply have the shame of having exposed their children to him and his scary / possibly dangerous cronies.

Memories can be good or bad... and if they were only a status symbol, well, that makes things more hollow, contrary to what has spouted from Robbie's mouth.

Each item *is* something to remember him by, isn't it?
Makes you wonder ...

OTOH, it could be about sobriety and making a new start. The past is the past, folks.

Either way, he seems to be trying to commit the ol' Rofo we know to history.

I'll also bet those items will be worth more to their purchasers than to Renata. :)

The sobriety thing would be real positive, and if true, good for him. However, IMO, I think it is taking a stab, maybe a final stab at glory, such as it is, at proving people like him, and glorifying his delusions.

yeah, the laundering angle is something I thought of too, especially seeing how high the bids went for some items -- the tie is above $13,000.

He's been wearing the Don Bosco jacket recently, so I'm actually surprised to see that go. With the mug, maybe the winning bidder backed out of paying so that's why it's back up. It's all so bizarre.

The laundering angle is indeed interesting.

Jaclyn Dawe

I have a story on this, and a few other things to put on my blog. I've been too busy to write these stories though.

Also, cops appealed the release of 15 Windsor break in notes. Expected to take a few more months.

Is there a way to contact you for the basics re: Jaclyn Dawe rather than waiting for a full blog post?

Thanks!

Doug JH

Is Rob going to Jamaica alone or with the wife and kids? If it's with his family, isn't it a little weird to be taking them out of school a few weeks before March Break? Or is that not unusual? Also, isn't he supposed to testify tomorrow at Lisi's preliminary hearing?

Is Rob going to Jamaica alone or with the wife and kids? If it's with his family, isn't it a little weird to be taking them out of school a few weeks before March Break? Or is that not unusual? Also, isn't he supposed to testify tomorrow at Lisi's preliminary hearing?

It's a family vacation.

People do this sometimes, I don't think it's that unusual, especially when it's little kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back