104     0 
News   May 14, 2024
 277     0 
News   May 13, 2024
 1.1K     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doug Ford has just cancelled on tomorrow's debate, per CP2Ford.

So only Chow is confirmed I guess. That or everyone but Doug shows up.

Siobhan Morris @siomo
Doug Ford statement blasts Tory for bailing on debate tomorrow night. Says if Tory doesn't go, he won't either #TOPoli

Last edited:
Take a deep breath. I agree Doug is a thug and the organizers should have said okay see ya later. Even Kelly has gone quiet, it's very strange.

John Tory does not do anything without it being beneficial to him IMO. Remember when he ducked out this transit debate and decided to 'select' the debates he would attend in the future and only go if Chow and Ford were there.

"An advocacy group for TTC riders is “furious” after mayoral election frontrunner John Tory dropped out of Monday’s debate less than four hours before it was to take place"
http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...ious_after_john_tory_drops_out_of_debate.html

ETA: Remember the Ford tactics... this lady is right
https://twitter.com/hobodiac/status/520380607130796032
Doug Ford has perfected these tactics, over a long period of time, in many sectors. Do we all now *get* this?
https://twitter.com/hobodiac/status/520383561879523329
Slow down #topoli , Doug Ford's tactics have now caused chaos, making other candidates' re-actions the focus. Another tactic. Wait it out.

Last edited:
Wow. What is Olivia thinking???

Has she forgotten who her base is? Ari Goldkind's exclusion at the insistence of Doug Ford is anti-democratic. It's an integrity issue. These are things that left-leaning progressives care about. A lot.

She's going to get hammered over this. Haven't looked at Twitter yet, but have a feeling it's not going well for her.

She was on life-support before, but now I think we can officially stick a fork in her. What a stupid waste, and what an incredibly stupidly run campaign.

Don Peat @reporterdonpeat
"I will be available every day to debate against my 2 main competitors from now until election night" Doug Ford statement #TOpoli

Chicken...

Don Peat
@reporterdonpeat
"Mr. Tory is terrified of discussing his eight years on the board of Charter Communications" Doug Ford statement #TOpoli

Sorry, so someone told Goldkind that Chow "backed" Ford, and now we're excoriating her because she didn't make Tory's grand gesture?

Any actual evidence of this?

I just wanted to point out how genius this series has been. Keep them coming. I think in the end there should be a Stations of the Cross setup in a gallery somewhere.

Maybe a Last Supper re-enactment, with Lisi, Mutey, Chatty Kathy, Crazy Homophobe Lady and assorted others from the Ford Rogues Gallery as the Twelve Disciples? And Slob as Jesus, of course...

Siobhan Morris @siomo
Doug Ford statement blasts Tory for bailing on debate tomorrow night. Says if Tory doesn't go, he won't either #TOPoli

But it's A-OK for Thug to bail or threaten to do so if he doesn't get his way? One can almost admire the sheer hypocritical gall of the man, I'll give him that.

Don Peat @reporterdonpeat
"I will be available every day to debate against my 2 main competitors from now until election night" Doug Ford statement #TOpoli

One competitor, and one enabler.

With the FN howlers in the cheering section, and no Ari.

My debate format would be simple: Chow, Tory, Ari, and an empty chair on which we would place a steaming bucket of pig manure. Although that's not entirely fair to pigs.

Maybe a Last Supper re-enactment, with Lisi, Mutey, Chatty Kathy, Crazy Homophobe Lady and assorted others from the Ford Rogues Gallery as the Twelve Disciples? And Slob as Jesus, of course...

But it's A-OK for Thug to bail or threaten to do so if he doesn't get his way? One can almost admire the sheer hypocritical gall of the man, I'll give him that.

Funny, I always figured that Doug would end up being Judas.

Yes. In the Star article.

Chow spokesperson Jamey Heath did not comment on Ford’s demands, saying only: “The organizers decide who debates.”

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...isinvite_longshot_candidate_ari_goldkind.html

How is this "backing" Ford? It seems to be deferring to the organizer to work it out. This is being spun as if Chow agrees with this because she didn't make Tory's "principled" move.

And forgive me for saying so, but Goldkind has little no public profile beyond #TOpoli and the hyper-aware types here. Calling him a "fringe" candidate may be unfair, but he is most certainly a minor candidate with no political experience. Sure, he's a good speaker and has absolutely nothing to lose in debates, but there's intrinsic reason why he should be in debates. His platform is pretty decent. But being mayor is about more than being good in debates and preparing a wish list of progressive policy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back