244     0 
News   May 13, 2024
 640     0 
News   May 13, 2024
 659     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Story tomorrow moves the crack ball a few more steps forward--and potentially a lot further. A breakthrough for access to information.

I wonder how the TPS "ongoing investigation" is going? Rob is only running as a councillor now anyway.

Between Ford and Goldkind, I know which one I'd be afraid of losing his temper, behaving inappropriately, getting violent, etc.

In a bar-fight? My money would be on Doug. In a debate, it would be on Ari.

Natalie Alcoba @nataliealcoba
Goldkind "As much as Mr. Tory and I disagree on almost every policy, I appreciate what he's done and his support for the democratic process"

Huge win for Tory tonight.

Doug Ford demands debate organizers disinvite longshot candidate Ari Goldkind
After Ari Goldkind was invited to a debate in North York, Doug Ford's campaign demanded he be uninvited — or risk Ford not being there. Now John Tory says he won’t be attending.

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...isinvite_longshot_candidate_ari_goldkind.html

Does anyone know if there is an online petition to demand that Ari Goldkind be invited to the televised debate?

The debate organizer is on CP24 blaming John Tory. Unreal.

CP2Ford just aired a phone interview with the debate organizer, Antonius Clarke, who is now saying that they are willing to re-invite Ari Goldkind to the debate tomorrow in the hopes of getting John Tory to change his mind:

"Are they (the Fords) willing to sit down and be mature and debate with Ari and then John Tory could continue to support us like he always has been and be at this debate because he was one of the first people to agree to being at this debate and we still do want to move forward.

So the ball is in their court: are they willing to be mature adults and debate with each other or are they going to continue to neglect the people that matter the most, the invisible people..."

She still thinks Tory is her competition, and doesn't get that people just want someone who can take on Ford. If she were to start taking on Doug, votes would follow.

So dumb.

Agreed. You never EVER side with Doug Ford on ANYTHING. :mad:
glad I didn't PM basic my DoFo percentage prediction yet. Looks like it's someone else who'll be stuck in the teens. what a waste.

I wonder how the TPS "ongoing investigation" is going? Rob is only running as a councillor now anyway.

In a bar-fight? My money would be on Doug. In a debate, it would be on Ari.

Not sure but the size of the Brazen 2 team is surprisingly impressive.

She still thinks Tory is her competition, and doesn't get that people just want someone who can take on Ford. If she were to start taking on Doug, votes would follow.

So dumb.

Had hopes for her. Lost to me now. Whoever is running that clownshow ought to be exposed so that they never work in knife-fight, gong show politics again. The miscalculations are awesome in the old sense of that much degraded word. I once stupidly posted here that if it looked like Tory would win I would vote R. Ford. Well, regrets, I've had a few, but that is one to mention.

This city can't handle the truth.

So, otherwise politically unsuccessful, Old-Boy, UCC, Harper-invited, chairs of interlocking-corporate boards' approved demon in milquetoast haberdashery, here we go!

Last edited:
now Ari is saying Chow backed Ford over Tory on this debate issue on CP24. Unreal.

So, Chow is siding with the debate organizer. What is she thinking?

Chow spokesperson Jamey Heath did not comment on Ford’s demands, saying only: “The organizers decide who debates.†http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...isinvite_longshot_candidate_ari_goldkind.html

Chow's faith based schools moment.

Wow. What is Olivia thinking???

Has she forgotten who her base is? Ari Goldkind's exclusion at the insistence of Doug Ford is anti-democratic. It's an integrity issue. These are things that left-leaning progressives care about. A lot.

She's going to get hammered over this. Haven't looked at Twitter yet, but have a feeling it's not going well for her.

The organizer's now claiming he was "scared" of Ari Goldkind? Who does he think he's kidding? Between Ford and Goldkind, I know which one I'd be afraid of losing his temper, behaving inappropriately, getting violent, etc.

I took that as the organiser saying that he thinks Doug was scared of Ari. The organiser himself has nothing to fear from Ari, after all.

CP2Ford just aired a phone interview with the debate organizer, Antonius Clarke, who is now saying that they are willing to re-invite Ari Goldkind to the debate tomorrow in the hopes of getting John Tory to change his mind:

So the ball is in Doug's court now. This should be fun.

I read the organizer's statements in the article to mean that he thought Doug was scared of Ari.

Ah, that makes more sense. I misread his statement. Even so, it's surely not the man's job to protect poor widdle a-scared Thug Ford from big bad Ari Goldkind, is it? Does Ford have the least inkling of how pathetic this makes him look, I wonder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back