1K     1 
News   Jul 04, 2024
 820     0 
News   Jul 04, 2024
 632     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given that whatever follows "Doug said" is generally untrue, I think we know where to go from here.

I'll no longer use the word "said" in conjunction with a Doug Ford quote.

From now on, "lied" will be used.

Doug Ford lied "Good morning" to me this morning.
Doug Ford lied "Have a nice weekend!"
Doug Ford lied "The suburbs deserve subways!"

Citizen confronting Doug Ford (my apologies if this was already posted)
[video=youtube;tB-OBrus8tQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tB-OBrus8tQ[/video]
"You were born on third base and you act like you hit a triple." Great line.

I'll no longer use the word "said" in conjunction with a Doug Ford quote.

From now on, "lied" will be used.

Doug Ford lied "Good morning" to me this morning.
Doug Ford lied "Have a nice weekend!"
Doug Ford lied "The suburbs deserve subways!"
Sounds reasonable :)

Doug said that the environmental assessments are already done for this subway lines, including "Sheppard". I am beyond certain that only the LRT EA's are complete. Has it even been started for the BD extension?

Right you are, there are no EAs for subways, and they are still evaluating an alignment for the DRL, the Osgood to Pape alignment it bogus based on decades old info, not unlike Tory's plan.

Dougie also admitted that there is no guaranteed funding from the Province or Federal govs. just like the Tory plan. The $660mil spoken about is from a fund for infrastructure, or transit in general, not specifically for subways, and a formal request has yet to be made for the funds. Now the "funding" from the Province is of course the allocated funds for the SRT to LRT conversion; however, the province has excepted the council's decision to extend the BD subway but has called for an EA for the proposed rout up McCowan as per Stinz's plan (not the Ford's). When finished, the new EA and the EA for the proposed SRT conversion will be compared to choose the best alignment for subway extension. There is also the concern that the master agreement has not been changed to reflect a subway extension, but this could just be formality for after the comparisons of the EAs.

What is interesting is that Tory's plan to use the Go corridor would entail using the now SRT alignment between Eglinton and Ellesmere. This explains Tory's switch to a subway extension along McCowan.

Just saw the interview with the moderator of tonight's debate, when asked why Ari couldn't attend, he said it was because this was set up months ago, so only those candidates who were invited then could attend.

Remind me again of how many months ago Doug Ford (who can attend) put his hat in the ring?

What's worse, the CPtwentyford reporter didn't even mention this, which seems like the most obvious question to ask him.

The weight could be a side-effect of steroids. I wouldn't base too much speculation on Rob's general health from pictures taken while he's in in treatment. Chemo is nasty business.

Again, zero days in med school...but wouldn't it be strange to give steroids to a morbidly obese cancer patient?

Also, Dairy Queen.

Just saw the interview with the moderator of tonight's debate, when asked why Ari couldn't attend, he said it was because this was set up months ago, so only those candidates who were invited then could attend.

Remind me again of how many months ago Doug Ford (who can attend) put his hat in the ring?

What's worse, the CPtwentyford reporter didn't even mention this, which seems like the most obvious question to ask him.

Doug slipped in as substitute Rob. But it's still bs, there were to have been 5 podiums when this was planned. Stinz & Soks were to have been there too.

Great work from everybody on tracking down the info on mom and daughter.

I think the point is a simple one, the Fords are not Jewish (as far as we know), and since Doug has not converted, then any and all bigoted/racist remarks spouted by Doug are just that, the logic of being married to a Jew is immaterial. On the circle-jerk, AKA "The City" on 1010, Doug argued that he could use the term "polock" because of someone Polish in the family (Renata?), he refered to it as a term of endearment. Association does not give you the right to spout bigoted or racist slurs, and tolerance only feeds the ignorance and hate behind those statements.

Another thing that pisses me off in the "anti-racist" label for non-whites spewing racist comments, read a fraking dictionary, racism is not exclusive to "whitey".

Doug slipped in as substitute Rob. But it's still bs, there were to have been 5 podiums when this was planned. Stinz & Soks were to have been there too.

2 schools of though on this..

1) Doug's seemingly automatic acceptance into these events makes it appear that he was some kind of co-mayor over the last 4 years. Its almost like he is the incumbent, which he is not. He is a one term councilor with a lousy record of attendance and voting.

2) On the other hand... Doug says something stupid every time opens his mouth. He would've done better with a Mutey campaign.

The $660mil spoken about is from a fund for infrastructure, or transit in general, not specifically for subways, and a formal request has yet to be made for the funds.

That $660M was a gift from family friend Jim Flaherty. Who is dead now.

Don't expect the same largesse going forward from the Toronto-hating Harperites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back