News   Jul 04, 2024
 1.7K     1 
News   Jul 04, 2024
 941     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Sorry to butt in UTers, but I’m really interested in this shooting. According to CP24 the dispute started with a tweet. Ron Taverner was just on fielding questions. This is Doug’s ward.

Sorry to butt in UTers, but I’m really interested in this shooting. According to CP24 the dispute started with a tweet. Ron Taverner was just on fielding questions. This is Doug’s ward.

Can't wait to see how Doug (and maybe Rob too) is going to try to "disaster capitalize" on this. What a golden opportunity to change the channel while looking very concerned and statesmanlike.

Ugh. Nothing's even happened yet and I need a shower to wash off the kneejerk cynicism.

Man. I don't want this to be about body shaming or anything, but this is one of those photos where I'm reminded that Ford really is morbidly obese. He's struggling to clasp his hands in front of his stomach. He desperately needs a healthier lifestyle.

I've been pretty shocked by the post-hospitalization photos. He's put on a lot of weight in a very short period of time. He's been creeping back up steadily since spahab, but now he looks at big as he's ever been. I'd guess at least 350 lbs.

His weight and lifestyle may not be seen as risk factors for his cancer (which I don't actually believe) but they sure will be for his treatment and survival. Not to mention his addiction.

None of this is to say it's too late, but wow, he's got some big changes to make starting NOW and there's no sign of him making them.

Can't wait to see how Doug (and maybe Rob too) is going to try to "disaster capitalize" on this. What a golden opportunity to change the channel while looking very concerned and statesmanlike.

Ugh. Nothing's even happened yet and I need a shower to wash off the kneejerk cynicism.

Extra fun part, Rob's habits may well have financed the weapon used. (Just so they can't totally "disaster capitalize")

I've been pretty shocked by the post-hospitalization photos. He's put on a lot of weight in a very short period of time. He's been creeping back up steadily since spahab, but now he looks at big as he's ever been. I'd guess at least 350 lbs.

His weight and lifestyle may not be seen as risk factors for his cancer (which I don't actually believe) but they sure will be for his treatment and survival. Not to mention his addiction.

None of this is to say it's too late, but wow, he's got some big changes to make starting NOW and there's no sign of him making them.

The weight could be a side-effect of steroids. I wouldn't base too much speculation on Rob's general health from pictures taken while he's in in treatment. Chemo is nasty business.

could be, but any practice of the religion would be over a hundred years ago which makes Doug's claim a little, disingenuous. Kind of like over coffee this morning Karla said something about my great grandmother was Jewish and he was like "why didn't you tell me that last night!"

It could be one of those family lore things that no one ever has any supporting evidence for: 'you know, your great-great-great-grandfather was ________'.

I hope this video puts to rest any notion that Renata is some poor browbeaten victim of Rob Ford. See that snotty look on her face? See where it looks like she says the word "asshole"? And for what? Ari calling out her husband for using words that he's probably used a million times at home. She's really no different than Ford.

I have no problem believing she is a Ford in attitude as well as by marriage.

It could be one of those family lore things that no one ever has any supporting evidence for: 'you know, your great-great-great-grandfather was ________'.
Or, "my dad swam with Marilyn Bell"

ETA: Pattycakes beat me to it :)

As a radio host Tory made more sense. He thought Ford should've kept his hands off Transit City, he wanted to prioritize the DRL and he even often mused about burying the Gardner for the sake of "city building". If he's elected I wonder if his handlers will let him be himself.

Agreed. Tory ran too far to the right in 2003, and he scared me. And so many stupid ideas. Then, in the intervening period, he impressed me with his sensible approach to tough policy issues on the radio, along with his work with Civic Action. When I heard he might run this time I thought "great, I could vote for him."

But here is, once again, with MORE stupid ideas: the wasteful Scarborough subway, the overly optimistic SmartTrack (we will never, ever have decent transit in our lifetimes), shell game financing, more finding of "efficiencies" at City Hall, tax increases at or below inflation, etc. etc.

I can only hope that once he is elected, he'll be the moderate I think he thinks he really is instead of this parody of a right-wing clown. But if he appoints Kouvalis as his chief of staff like Ford did, we are all fucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back