91     1 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 241     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 349     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
MINSHULL, Gloria Joy - at Toronto on May 20, 1981, Gloria Renwick, beloved mother of [...] Loving daughter of Eleanor and the late George Renwick, dear sister of [your male irrelevant here] .... Julie (Mrs William Middlebrook)...

Yes, they are missing the siblings, presumably still alive, in the find a grave.

Huffington Post

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/10/05/doug-ford-jewish-comments_n_5936810.html
Doug Joke Re Wife.jpg

Attachments

• Doug Joke Re Wife.jpg
    Doug Joke Re Wife.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 869
Just read it - they are pretty much fucked. Their only saving grac would be that the judge decides that the conflicts were relatively minor so no restrictions on running again (as with the last trial).

The last COI case didn't fail because the appeal court determined the was issue minor; it failed because the original penalty was found out of line with the IC's authority.

Interestingly, in the original decision, the judge did find that the issue was fairly minor and that the penalty (removal from office) seemed harsh given the circumstances. But he also noted that the act was very limited in the penalties available and that the law really gave him no choice.

What the law does allow is the respondent to claim "insignificance", "inadvertance" or "error in judgment". (This was claimed in the other case and dismissed by the judge). In the case of the Deco wastewater item, it would be hard to argue inadvertance (as they probably will for the Cara Operations and the Coca-Cola items) since they own the company, especially for Doug who remains the president. In the case of the Porter item, Rob Ford is identified as the account executive! Also, the fact that all of their votes aligned with their pecuniary interest will make "inadvertance" and "insignificance" that much harder to claim (e.g., if the Fords had voted in favour of increasing the wastewater treatment fees or against any of their clients' interests). As for claiming an "error in judgment", that's a lot of errors to be making. And as for "insignificance", it's a private company so no one knows the value of the contracts, but the Globe claimed that Deco does about $1M worth of business with Apollo. That is far from insignificant.

Genius Fordian strategy: Blurt out something that keeps all the detractors busy searching the genealogy websites. This tops the swimming claim.

Next up: Claim that great great grampa Ford invented AC, but the idea was stolen by Nikola Tesla during a night of heavy hash smoking. That'll keep everyone busy for months.

CBC shows Rob's and Renata's reactions to Ari's comments. Any good lip-readers care to interpret what Rob is saying? Is it: "That's not what I said"?

I hope this video puts to rest any notion that Renata is some poor browbeaten victim of Rob Ford. See that snotty look on her face? See where it looks like she says the word "asshole"? And for what? Ari calling out her husband for using words that he's probably used a million times at home. She's really no different than Ford.

Just as an example, this beautiful actress, Aline MacMahon, is buried in a Jewish cemetery. Her father was Irish and her mother was Jewish.

What makes it interesting is that her Irish father was buried in that cemetery many years before his wife and daughter passed away and joined him.

My understanding is that Jewish women are to be buried in Jewish cemeteries, and that would include their non-Jewish husbands. Discuss?
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=8699

"Doug Ford says Karla's mother is Jewish".
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/519135780556791808

Doug Ford says, folks. Not that I don't trust Doug, but it never hurts to verify things he says.

Last edited:
Yes, they are missing the siblings, presumably still alive, in the find a grave.

Aha!

So if Karla's maternal grandparent's were not Jewish, then it seems that there are two possibilities: (1) Her mother Julia become Jewish by conversion (conversion to Judaeism is recognized as effective but conversion from Judaeism is not, in the matrilineal tradition, IIRC.). Does anyone know if Karla's father is Jewish, which (amongst possible reasons) would be a possible reason for Julia to have converted to Judaeism? (2) The only other possibility would seem to be that a female forebear ("X") of Karla farther back than Eleanor Renwick, nee Marco was Jewish, such that Elanor Renwick, nee Marco and any other forbears in the female line descended from "X" (including Karla) would be regarded as Jewish too, in the matrilineal tradition.

per the obit, Karla's father had his service out of a fairly evangelical church on Annette street and her sister being married in the announcement was being married in a pentacostal church, so, no trace of Judaism. Their original surname also used as a Jewish surname.

Aha!

So if Karla's maternal grandparent's were not Jewish, then it seems that there are two possibilities: (1) Her mother Julia become Jewish by conversion (conversion to Judaeism is recognized as effective but conversion from Judaeism is not, in the matrilineal tradition, IIRC.). Does anyone know if Karla's father is Jewish, which (amongst possible reasons) would be a possible reason for Julia to have converted to Judaeism? (2) The only other possibility would seem to be that a female forebear ("X") of Karla farther back than Eleanor Renwick, nee Marco was Jewish, such that Elanor Renwick, nee Marco and any other forbears in the female line descended from "X" (including Karla) would be regarded as Jewish too, in the matrilineal tradition.

could be, but any practice of the religion would be over a hundred years ago which makes Doug's claim a little, disingenuous. Kind of like over coffee this morning Karla said something about my great grandmother was Jewish and he was like "why didn't you tell me that last night!"

could be, but any practice of the religion would be over a hundred years ago which makes Doug's claim a little, disingenuous. Kind of like over coffee this morning Karla said something about my great grandmother was Jewish and he was like "why didn't you tell me that last night!"

Yep.

Pretty sure that since "For me to live is Christ and to die is gain" means her father want Jewish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back