588     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 628     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's the expectation of the number of hours worked. Sure, you could have volunteers work 50 hours/week, but they wouldn't normally be expected to. There are fine lines. And there are regulations around internships -- there's been a lot of discussion about it lately. I've had two family members that were required to do internships in order to graduate, and it's basically free labour -- it rather sucks.

I doubt any of the others will jump on this -- it probably hits too close to home for more than one candidate.

Exactly - apart from the hours requirement everything they are describing is for volunteers. So they screwed up the description, not set up an illegal internship program.

Just for fun, any sign of Paul Saracino lately (the guy whose house in Fla was a deco mailing address and who ended up on Doug's staff last year)?

Ann Hui ‏@annhui
Mayor's chief of staff says Rob Ford is here working for a few hours ("returning phone calls") #topoli

What else is new? Free to come and go as he pleases.

If you're sick, stay home. If you're fit for duty, report on time.

I would have had a perfect attendance record if they had let me play by MINO's rules.

Lateness was not tolerated. Why is it tolerated for politicians?

"He never missed a day of work," claims Doug of Rob.
https://twitter.com/marcusbgee/status/481960828670083073

https://twitter.com/search?f=realtime&q=#topoli never missed a day&src=typd

Last edited:
Exactly - apart from the hours requirement everything they are describing is for volunteers. So they screwed up the description, not set up an illegal internship program.
It's more than the hours ... there are also expectations re benefits for the employer/intern that they don't meet.

Matt Elliott retweeted
Ryan Doyle ‏@ryandoyleshow 4m4 minutes ago
After reading about what I just did...Doug Ford will be throwing out what he views as a game changer at 3:00. Wow. #topoli

I am reading this two ways - either DoFo is dropping a bombshell or DoFo will be scuttling whatever he has on tap. Thoughts?

Ann Hui ‏@annhui 37s37 seconds ago
Rob Ford just did an extensive scrum outside his office, calls the cancer the worst thing he's ever had to deal with

As for Doug's announcement, it will probably just be some attack on Tory.

Ann Hui ‏@annhui 40s41 seconds ago
Mayor Ford also said he was up until 2:30/3 a.m. putting up campaign signs this morning

Dumb on his part...

Last edited:
I am reading this two ways - either DoFo is dropping a bombshell or DoFo will be scuttling whatever he has on tap. Thoughts?

According to Siobhan Morris (@siomo) at 1010 the notice about this earlier today concluded with DoFo's commitment to 'saving taxpayers money' and 'building 32 km of subway'. Sounds like he thinks he's come up with a way to upstage Tory on the transit file.

I'm sure I heard October 5th. Just not sure where I heard it.

On Thursday [Sept. 18], Ford released an audio statement, in which he disclosed that his chemotherapy was about to begin. "In a few hours, I will begin my chemotherapy. Then I will spend the next little while with my family focused on getting better," Ford said in the statement.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/mayor-rob-ford-to-leave-hospital-soon-but-not-today-1.2773547

A Thursday start squares with the hospital statement that he was not going to be released on Sunday the 21st, which would have been expected, being the day after the third day of chemo. They kept him in until Tuesday, which suggests he didn't take to it very well.

3 + 18 = 21, so if they're on schedule, he should start round two on Thursday, Oct. 9.

Screen Shot 2014-10-02 at 2.42.09 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-02 at 2.42.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-02 at 2.42.09 PM.png
    38.1 KB · Views: 651
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back