161     0 
News   Jul 03, 2024
 196     0 
News   Jul 02, 2024
 1K     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similarly, it sounds to me that Jude is waiting for some outside agency/organization to act on information she has presented to them. Whatever agency that may be would likely have a "no comment" if called by a reporter about a matter under some kind of investigation (assuming my guess is in the t ballpark). The timing of any kind of information release is out of her hands. Moreover, it may never become public if whoever/whatever Jude is dealing decides not to act.

You're probably right. And so, y'know, respectfully, I wish Jude had phrased it differently than "Things will proceed very quickly tomorrow."

Claim: deeply care about others and are passionate about this city

“It’s euthanasia. You’re just giving them a place to kill themselves. That’s what is going to happen. You might as well just have a crematorium beside the crack house,” - on substance users, 2005
“If you are not doing needles and you are not gay, you wouldn’t get AIDS probably. That’s the bottom line.... How are women getting it? Maybe they are sleeping with bisexual men." - on people with HIV/AIDS, 2006
"My heart bleeds for them when someone gets killed. But it’s their own fault at the end of the day.” - on cyclists killed on roads, 2007
"Just spoke to Mayor Rob Ford, power is still out at his house. He's in the SUV with his kids trying to stay cool #TOpoli #stormTO" - Don Peat speaking to the mayor during the July 2013 rainstorm
“I help a lot with the homeless out there. [But] I won’t give them money because I don’t know what they’re going to spend it on.” - homeless shelter comment, 2013
"C**ksuckers. Fuckin’ Chief Blair and them all. Cha, man. They chase me around for five months, man. Bumbaclot man. I said, me and him, ya raasclat bumbaclot." - on Bill Blair, 2014
" Leave me alone, man. They got five months man, and then trying to tell me ‘well, we’re counter-surveilling the guy.’ You know what I mean? He’s hiding here, I’m’a hide here. I’m’a—oh, we don’t—f*ck off." - on cops, 2014.

Claim: The Fords are for all of the people, not just some of the people

"And that’s why I say he’s gonna be the greatest mayor this city has ever, ever seen, as far as I’m concerned! And put that in your pipe, you left-wing kooks." Don Cherry speech to council, 2010
“There’s two types of people: poor people and rich people, and I side with the poor people.” Interview with Conrad Black, 2013

AoD

Last edited:
Last edited:
What's the difference between an unpaid campaign intern and an unpaid campaign volunteer? Sounds like it's just a question of semantics.

They could've called for volunteers w/out this being an issue. Unpaid interns are governmed by MOL and it basically has to be a training position where the employer doesn't benefit but the intern does. This does not appear to be what Ford is offering.

More on the hoary Tory "gotcha" story, Dougie?

reporterdonpeat 1:18pm via Twitter Web Client
Doug Ford having a 3 p.m. presser in Etobicoke at his campaign HQ.

What's the difference between an unpaid campaign intern and an unpaid campaign volunteer? Sounds like it's just a question of semantics.
I think it's the expectation of the number of hours worked. Sure, you could have volunteers work 50 hours/week, but they wouldn't normally be expected to. There are fine lines. And there are regulations around internships -- there's been a lot of discussion about it lately. I've had two family members that were required to do internships in order to graduate, and it's basically free labour -- it rather sucks.

I doubt any of the others will jump on this -- it probably hits too close to home for more than one candidate.

I don't think the level of "chatter" here is unreasonable, considering Jude's very sure-sounding tweets from last night. At least until about midday today, some of us were expecting news virtually any second. Sounds like that might not happen now, but shit, this wasn't based on nothing.

I didn't mean Jude specifically.

You're probably right. And so, y'know, respectfully, I wish Jude had phrased it differently than "Things will proceed very quickly tomorrow."

She had another tweet recently along the lines "COI, we either mean or don't. The law has to change." I've been taking that as a hint at her frustration with process. No knock against Jude, but I'm not holding my breath in expectation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back