News   Jul 16, 2024
 470     2 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.3K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the caption:

"You'll never believe whose in markland" who? "Rob fucking Ford" *runs out the door with brother to go snag a pic*

Where is Markland??

Ok, so to answer my own question...

I looked at the video, Rob Ford says they're on Mill Road. Which is in a neighbourhood called Markland Wood.

Which is in....Ward 3.

Has he forgotten he's not running for mayor anymore? Or maybe he's forgotten where Ward 2 is? Or maybe we're all being played for fools.

ETA: beaten to the punch!

Last edited:
I don't know about binge. I think he's just doing what addicts do. Doesn't Lisi live in Ward 2?

(Btw, Ford's Escalade was not in the driveway when I passed by around 4:30PM, hours before his impromptu canvass)

But both cars were there at 9:30 pm ;)

The "Ford/Mayor" stickers have been removed from both Rob & Renata's cars. Well before RoFo withdrew and DoFo signed up, those stickers went up on Doug and Randy's cars too. But there is still a Ford running for mayor. Doug's not shy about using Rob's materials (maybe he will even produce a receipt indicating he paid Rob's campaign for it :p).

So I can't help but wonder why Rob would take them off. Too painful a reminder that his time is up?

Actually, DoFo's more like the Fester to RoFo's Karbunkle.

Don-Martin-2.gif

Works for me.

Royson expertly carves Doug's turkey in today's Star, including this gem:

"With zero experience at nothing, he received the most blatant patronage appointment of all. His brother made him deputy chair of the budget committee, prominent member of others, de facto twin mayor, spokesman for the administration, apologist for the mayor and disturber-in-chief on any file he chose to meddle with."

Royson expertly carves Doug's turkey in today's Star, including this gem:

"With zero experience at nothing, he received the most blatant patronage appointment of all. His brother made him deputy chair of the budget committee, prominent member of others, de facto twin mayor, spokesman for the administration, apologist for the mayor and disturber-in-chief on any file he chose to meddle with."

I also liked:

"It’s people like Doug Ford who force people like me to stand up for rich, white dudes. Who wants to do that — in a city of growing disparity among rich and poor and where one in three youths are living in poverty and the well-educated youths can’t get jobs and hard-working people from Malvern have to endure two hours on the bus to get to work?"

"If he is part of the establishment — and the Tory family is — his name doesn’t evoke sneers. Rather, respect, honour and integrity spring to mind."

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...for_mayor_is_now_officially_a_sham_james.html

So anyone else ready to rip hair out waiting for the jude thing? The longer it simmers the better I suppose.

i'm working from the assumption that the jude thing isn't much of a thing at all.

You are such a pessimist ;)

On a good note, it looks like Doug can singlehandedly destroy the Ford political dynasty. A bully millionaire born into money and political pull playing the common guy may have worked for Rob but not Doug. People simply hate the guy. He's not likeable in any way. Watch his number decline on their own.

Last edited:
Is it possible Slob isn't as badly off as some of us are thinking? The only reason I'm not just naturally assuming there's some trickery involved here is that I can't see reputable health care institutions and professionals going along with the Fords' usual shenanigans. Even so, we still have Thug supposedly claiming Slob's doctors are ok with him out campaigning? I don't believe that for a second.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back