5.2K     0 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 803     5 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 774     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering if we're already seeing the bullyboy tactics at work: "We want your top man on this." CEO looked flustered and miserable to me.

Factor in that the CEO was intimately involved with John Tory's demise as PC leader, and the bobblehead for HRH episode, you really really do have to wonder how come the planets are all aligned.

themarc:

True, but MoH and the Premier's Office would loath to get involved with something like this - particularly if it doesn't break any regs. I am sure eyebrows are raised though.

AoD

Last edited:
Note he said it before the 2010 election. I wonder what one would qualify those who voted for such a "disgusting and disgraceful human being".

AoD

I detest the hypocrisy. The man appears to be a racist, a homophobe, a bigot, a liar, a misogynist, and a crack addict with criminal associations -- with or without a cancerous tumour. He is also a man who has done a massive disservice to Toronto.

I detest the hypocrisy. The man appears to be a racist, a homophobe, a bigot, a liar, a misogynist, and a crack addict with criminal associations -- with or without a cancerous tumour. He is also a man who has done a massive disservice to Toronto.

Yup, if it is cancer it is regrettable, but do not make the mistake that empathy towards his condition as a judgement of his character, or use empathy as currency against said criticisms of his record.

AoD

Last edited:
Completely irrelevant to the topic at hand. Joking about a man's serious illness, a large tumor, demonstrates a bankruptcy of moral character. Period.

One can only hope that you apply such astute observations and judgements against the chief magistrate with equal vigour and cognizant of the reality of power differentials. As to relevance, well, I will let others be the judge of "a bankruptcy of moral character". Something funny about that.

AoD

Wondering if we're already seeing the bullyboy tactics at work: "We want your top man on this." CEO looked flustered and miserable to me.

The CEO who accepted a big fat check a from bobblehead sales?

I doubt the CEO was on it because of bullying. I also wouldn't be surprised if he and Diane go waaaay back.

One can only hope that you apply such astute observations and judgements against the chief magistrate with equal vigour and cognizant of the reality of power differentials. As to relevance, well, I will let others be the judge of "a bankruptcy of moral character". Something funny about that.

AoD

Nothing funny about that. Nothing funny about serious illness. Nothing whatsoever.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Completely irrelevant to the topic at hand. Joking about a man's serious illness, a large tumor, demonstrates a bankruptcy of moral character. Period.

I want his gone as well but wish him no harm. Too many of you appear to be applauding it. Shame on you loathsome, small, small, individuals.

I have not seen anyone on here applauding harm on him. I have seen people distrusting the situation, that is all.

ETA: Oh, and a lack of sympathy. Well, go figure that one out. You know what, when a person who doesn't earn my trust or respect demands that I trust and respect them, guess what, I don't. So as far as sympathy is concerned, well sorry, Ford doesn't bring up sympathy from the deep wells of my heart, and I blame him.

Last edited:
Nothing funny about that. Nothing funny about serious illness. Nothing whatsoever.

Absolutely correct - it took 3 weeks for my mom to tell me she had cancer - let alone have a press conference about it. In this day and age a Leaf defenceman gets a hangnail and they call it a "lower body injury". Monday RoFo was photographed running up a flight of stairs at Don Mills Station and now a press conference about a serious illness without a diagnosis. Really???

But earlier he disappeared for a whole bunch of days before announcing he was in "spa-hab". Sorry - the family that cried wolf.

Last edited:
Rob Ford's Tumour has a Twitter account. That was fast (it's not well written, either).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back