5.1K     0 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 766     5 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 730     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
ETA: Oh, and a lack of sympathy. Well, go figure that one out. You know what, when a person who doesn't earn my trust or respect demands that I trust and respect them, guess what, I don't. So as far as sympathy is concerned, well sorry, Ford doesn't bring up sympathy from the deep wells of my heart, and I blame him.

And recall this illness/sickness motif has been played before just prior to rehab, with the same kind of press-cos pressing the same buttons, playing everyone like a zitar?

AoD

Nothing funny about that. Nothing funny about serious illness. Nothing whatsoever.
I see many people writing sincerely about their own family experiences with serious illness, colon cancer specifically. I don't see any outright celebration of his misfortune. Skepticism is justified, given all their previous attempts to game the truth. Lack of sympathy is also justifiable. This is a guy who is a serial drunk driver, who has endangered the health of others. This is someone who may have brought harm to others in his attempt to hide his abuses. There may be some laughter about the neverending freak show that is the Fords. But I see little laughter about cancer. I see reflection here. Probably more than would usually bubble up
given that this news is at early stages. But everything blows up big with the Fords.

Completely irrelevant to the topic at hand. Joking about a man's serious illness, a large tumor, demonstrates a bankruptcy of moral character. Period.

I want his gone as well but wish him no harm. Too many of you appear to be applauding it. Shame on you loathsome, small, small, individuals.

Funny how some people just crawl out of the woodwork when they think they can get away with trying shame people for their alleged moral failings. It's pretty telling how quiet this guy's been for the rest of the last year.

Funny how some people just crawl out of the woodwork when they think they can get away with trying shame people for their alleged moral failings. It's pretty telling how quiet this guy's been for the rest of the last year.

It would have been more convincing if one had been a bit more categorical about the moral failings of the big man himself instead of picking on, as one puts it, the small, small men.

AoD

I can see one of two ways - he drops out, and says he would have won if he hadn't had to drop out, or he stays in the race, and blames his defeat on not being able to campaign in the last few weeks.

Staying in the race would definitely vindicate my "Rob Ford as Bobby Sands" scenario.

Clearly the connection to the doc is not a coincidence - but could be as simple as going to your buddy's hospital. Hard to see Humber or staff playing any political games - maybe a presser as a favour but that's it.

If Ford was sitting on the tumour thing for political reasons wouldn't he have broken it a bit further ahead of the Friday deadline?

Unfortunately none of the explanations make complete sense.

Any bets he drops out and endorses Chow so his family "teaches Tory a Lesson"?

Funnier further - out of ethics - Chow drops out and allows Tory to be acclaimed?

Chow would do that - absolutely.

It would have been more convincing if one had been a bit more categorical about the moral failings of the big man himself instead of picking on, as one puts it, the small, small men.

AoD

Unlike you, Alvin, I had far better things to do than beat a dead horse.

As far as I'm concerned Rob Ford the politician died many months ago, after the facts surrounding the video were confirmed. I lost interest in the story shortly thereafter. But a tumor is a different story. Hope it turns out to be benign. Nothing further from me except,

Vote Tory.

Last edited:
You are the Mayor of Toronto. If you had what you thought was a pressing health issue - would you not got to TGH and the University Health Network to get the absolute best care available in the province??? Now hearing it might be a "Cancerous" issue - would you not want access to Princess Margret Hospital???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back