5.2K     0 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 835     5 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 798     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the IHOWOMRF people still wanting him to be mayor for life? The Twitter feed has been silent for the last few hours.

Last edited:
You suspect wrong:
Kevin Donovan ‏@_kevindonovan
Watch for stunning revelations on Canadian pharmaceuticals tomorrow @TorontoStar

I think he means theres two stories coming out tomorrow . He originally said "Lots of investigative work in the @TorontoStar tomorrow. Drugs, drugs and....brass knuckles.". I think the first drugs is the Jesse Mclean story about pharmaceuticals, and the second drugs .. and brass knuckles is his Ford/Basso/Lisi story.

Sorry for repeating a question I posed earlier... But if Ford is out as Mayor for a week...a month... a few months etc... Under what circumstance would Norm Kelly assume full control? Would/could he take over the remaining Ford staff members as well?

I recall a while back (late spring maybe?) DoBro warning that this was going to be a very nasty campaign. I remember Rob agreeing and using terms like "bloodbath". It's a really sad state of things that we really can't take this at face value. If another candidate made this type of announcement it would be accepted without question and there would be an outpouring of sincere sympathy.

Because of fake bomb threats, broken toes, crack denials, fake rehab, Mike Tyson, DoBro's scrums etc., all the red bullshit flags are now at full staff. Friday deadline, trailing flatline in the polls, fresh Donovan story in the hopper, imminent FOI and ITO releases, Rueben Devlin/HRRH's weird Ford/Tory connection, Lisi subpoena. There are just too many flags on the field for me to swallow this story whole.

Another elaborate over-the-top Ford diversion or the Mayor who cried wolf? Who knows, but I expect this to get extra crazy in the next 48 hours, even by Ford standards. Real or hoax, I can't imagine Rob & Doug allowing this to play out without wringing every single last drop of political juice out of it.

I'm happy if he bails for health reasons. I lost my mother to a hideous cancer demise - if the Fords play that card I'll personally take on any Ford Nation supporter who says "oh poor robbie has cancer" and punch their lights out..... or just simply wish they go out that way too.

It certainly seemed like cops and press stood down during "rehab" and I imagine they'll be even less willing to go hard after him now.

You're quite correct, that could very well happen. I really hope not, but after the crap that this circus has thrown at the city, that would not be unexpected either. Some easy predictions, Rob will be the best patient in the wing, ever. He's helping out other patients, even helping out the nurses and doctors. By the end of the week, the hospital would be asking Rofo to please stay and become their efficiency Viceroy.

I don't care if that sounds like I'm kicking a man while he's down. Fofam has never shown mercy or quarter to anyone else so far, so I'm returning the exact amount they've given to others.

I'm happy if he bails for health reasons. I lost my mother to a hideous cancer demise - if the Fords play that card I'll personally take on any Ford Nation supporter who says "oh poor robbie has cancer" and punch their lights out..... or just simply wish they go out that way too.

Amen to that. Lost my father (and a significant chunk of my extended family) to it, and my mother had it twice recently (currently in remission). Milking cancer sympathy for votes? Bone mets for you.

AoD

To those of you who mock a man with a potential life threatening illness: you are all truly disgusting and disgraceful human beings.

To Rob Ford: Swift recovery, swift exit from politics, lifetime of soul searching for your many mistakes.

To those of you who mock a man with a potential life threatening illness: you are all truly disgusting and disgraceful human beings.

Ford is angry that the city is doling out $1.5 million in taxpayer cash to help prevent the disease, arguing most people don’t have to worry about acquiring the ailment unless they’re gay or intravenous drug users.
“It is very preventable,” he spouted in his typically bombastic fashion. “If you are not doing needles and you are not gay, you wouldn’t get AIDS probably, that’s bottom line.”

http://www.citynews.ca/2006/06/29/councillor-rob-ford-under-fire-over-aids-comments/

Pardon our deep skepticism.

AoD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back