18     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 906     2 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 809     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose the good thing is that this event is in Mississauga, where a lot of people can't vote for him.

Enzo DiMatteo @enzodimatteo
“@ddale8: Rob Ford has dropped out of the Toronto Seniors Forum on Monday at city hall.†Demographic that's deserted him for Tory.

Mickey Ford has a thing on Monday no? Maybe he'll be going to that to speak for him.

Screen Shot 2014-09-06 at 12.42.31 PM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-06 at 12.42.31 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-09-06 at 12.42.31 PM.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 703
CP24 @CP24
Mayor Rob Ford is speaking at The National Franchise and Business Opportunities Show in Mississauga. Tune into CP24 for LIVE coverage.

CP24 @CP24
"I am absolutely not perfect. Did I have some problems last year? Absolutely," Ford says.

CP24 @CP24
"I went away, dealt with the issue head-on and game back stronger and better," Ford says of rehab trip. "I wish I had done it years ago."

CP24 @CP24
"In politics it gets pretty vicious. You got to take the high ground. I am still trying to learn that," Ford admits.

This has what to do with trade?

He pulled out a shorter version of this last night. I assumed it was an attempt to assuage the CARP demographic - people who would likely be turned off by his moral failings while still supporting (what he pretends are) his fiscal policies.

I'm surprised he pulled it out again today. Am now wondering if this is going to be a prominent feature of his campaign from here on out.

Or maybe he just didn't know what else to say to a room full of business people since he doesn't know anything about business.

He needed a situation where (1) he knew he could speak without interruption and with no risk of being called out, in order to supply himself with a spurious basis to say later that he has no more need to address his mltiple failings, and (2) Syncophantic20Ford would be able to broadcast the whole thing. The actual event is irrelevant to him.

I liked how he claimed that his substance abuse issues only took place over a one year period.

No one has done more for the old geezer community than Rob Ford...

"I am the king of old geezer issues!"

Mickey Ford has a thing on Monday no? Maybe he'll be going to that to speak for him.

I think that is on October 1.

I suppose the good thing is that this event is in Mississauga, where a lot of people can't vote for him.

Enzo DiMatteo @enzodimatteo
“@ddale8: Rob Ford has dropped out of the Toronto Seniors Forum on Monday at city hall.” Demographic that's deserted him for Tory.

It doesn't make sense...It is a forum...it is Q and A...something R Ford is very good at witness last night's first half of the meeting...This is a terrible blunder by Ford's team, this is a chance to make up lost ground without being harassed by the other candidates....What is D Ford thinking....

Siobhan Morris @siomo
Scrumming with reporters ,Rob Ford now says the "fights" on bad nights he was talking about were when he was a teenager

He forgot about beating up Lisi...

It doesn't make sense...It is a forum...it is Q and A...something R Ford is very good at witness last night's first half of the meeting...This is a terrible blunder by Ford's team, this is a chance to make up lost ground without being harassed by the other candidates....What is D Ford thinking....

No one likes a quitter, something he is very good at.

CP24 @CP24
Mayor Rob Ford is speaking at The National Franchise and Business Opportunities Show in Mississauga. Tune into CP24 for LIVE coverage.

CP24 @CP24
"I am absolutely not perfect. Did I have some problems last year? Absolutely," Ford says.

CP24 @CP24
"I went away, dealt with the issue head-on and game back stronger and better," Ford says of rehab trip. "I wish I had done it years ago."

CP24 @CP24
"In politics it gets pretty vicious. You got to take the high ground. I am still trying to learn that," Ford admits.

This has what to do with trade?

I think he's realized that facts ain't working like they used to and he's falling back on the emotional sympathy.
Far cry from when he bellowed to leave his personal life out of things lol

May I take you back to last night with R Ford pestering J Tory for an answer to burying Eg W of Mt Dennis to Martingrove.... Rather than silence J Tory should have replied..."Your brother and Build Toronto took many options off the table with their piecemeal sale of the Richview ROW"....

May I take you back to last night with R Ford pestering J Tory for an answer to burying Eg W of Mt Dennis to Martingrove.... Rather than silence J Tory should have replied..."Your brother and Build Toronto took many options off the table with their piecemeal sale of the Richview ROW"....

My guess is that might be seen as too much inside baseball by most people. Frankly I'm wondering as it gets closer to october, next time Rofo is in a debate and he gets that grin and starts that loud whiny voice, signaling he thinks he has a "Aha Gotcha" move, will any opponent drop a ,"did you ever stop smoking crack?", "do you still drink and drive on the streets of Toronto?", "why are you the only candidate here who is under criminal investigation with the police, with a homicide detective on the case?". "Why don't -you- answer the question Mayor Ford, you haven't answered any or all questions about your involvement with criminal gangs who sells illegal drugs and smuggles guns."

My guess is that might be seen as too much inside baseball by most people. Frankly I'm wondering as it gets closer to october, next time Rofo is in a debate and he gets that grin and starts that loud whiny voice, signaling he thinks he has a "Aha Gotcha" move, will any opponent drop a ,"did you ever stop smoking crack?", "do you still drink and drive on the streets of Toronto?", "why are you the only candidate here who is under criminal investigation with the police, with a homicide detective on the case?". "Why don't -you- answer the question Mayor Ford, you haven't answered any or all questions about your involvement with criminal gangs who sells illegal drugs and smuggles guns."

Need to mix personal actions & public consequences:

"You didn't land the Scarborough subway - Karen Stintz did all the hard work while you were busy getting drunk in a parking lot".

"If you support front line police officers, why do you buy your drugs from a violent gun smuggling gang?"

Last edited:
Need to mix personal actions & public consequences:

"You didn't land the Scarborough subway - Karen Stintz did all the hard work while you were busy getting drunk in a parking lot".

"If you support front line police officers, why do you buy your drugs from a violent gun smuggling gang?"

+1, particularly the second part. Though 50/50 chance of hearing MINO countering with, "I wasn't drunk! At that particular parking lot."

The ruse is rather transparent when one day they say, "He can't come to the debate because something came up," which could, in theory be legit, and the next day say "We're going canvassing but you can come watch!" (Especially when, the NEXT day, Ford says, "You media guys, you're the worst, following me all around last night...")
How on earth is RoFo bounding around all tie-sweaty door to door like that? I thought he had a broken toe;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back