News   Jul 18, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 1K     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
It hardly shows anything at all!
It confirms the guy left when asked. It should have ended there and they could have locked the door and called the cops. Of course, that's what you or I would do, but this is Ford Nation, so a thumping ensued, then the cops were called.

As this story develops, I'm leaning towards giving the volunteer a pass on this. Apologize and forget the whole thing. Its Doug's comments in response to this story that I take issue with.

A competent manager would apologize for the incident and bring in a conflict resolution trainer to give his campaign staff some much needed training. These are volunteers and every campaign needs them. Politics can get pretty heated, so we need to make sure they are up to the task!

Makes sense yes/no?

Doug's opinion? A volunteer has every right to lay a beating upon "undesirables" that walk in the front door.

This is the tone set by the leader.

All the parties involved seems idiotic to me. Benoit seemed to want to get into a confrontation, Byers seems to have a violent outburst. I loathe Fofam, but Benoit's antics doesn't help, looks to me it wasn't a case of 'Oh I just innocently walked in to the office only once, and I immediately got beat up', his little stunt is neither funny or clever. It's a good start that Byers is charged, but let's get real here. FoFam seems to have a history of thuggish behaviours. But that doesn't automatically mean Benoit's stunt was all that innocent.

As this story develops, I'm leaning towards giving the volunteer a pass on this. Apologize and forget the whole thing. Its Doug's comments in response to this story that I take issue with.

A competent manager would apologize for the incident and bring in a conflict resolution trainer to give his campaign staff some much needed training. These are volunteers and every campaign needs them. Politics can get pretty heated, so we need to make sure they are up to the task!

Makes sense yes/no?

Doug's opinion? A volunteer has every right to lay a beating upon "undesirables" that walk in the front door.

I would agree - bad and untrained judgement all round (by the victim and the volunteers). Doug's punishment for being a "douche-bully" will come in October.

Makes sense yes/no?

The Ford campaign seems to be doing the opposite of what every other one does when someone screws up. Kinsella was stupid and Chow disowned him. In the US, Mitch McConnell's campaign manager admitted to being part of a bribe scandal and resigned. When someone messes up, you disown them and/or they resign.

A competent manager would apologize for the incident and bring in a conflict resolution trainer to give his campaign staff some much needed training.

But that would cost money or time, FoFam is not made of 20$ bills and they can't just drop 5k$ everytime they need to hire or retain staff. Besides do you know how many bobbleheads they have to sell to keep up with this campaign? No really, anyone know? ;)

The most fascinating thing for me was the peek inside the bustling headquarters of the Ford campaign! No wonder they have the windows covered completely. There's nothing going on there.

The Ford campaign seems to be doing the opposite of what every other one does when someone screws up. Kinsella was stupid and Chow disowned him. In the US, Mitch McConnell's campaign manager admitted to being part of a bribe scandal and resigned. When someone messes up, you disown them and/or they resign.

Well at least they're nothing if not consistent. Fofam, particularly Thug seems to always choose the option of "Doubling Down" when it comes to stupid mistakes.

Is that at all surprising though, given RoFo's refusal to resign over far worse crimes?

The most fascinating thing for me was the peek inside the bustling headquarters of the Ford campaign! No wonder they have the windows covered completely. There's nothing going on there.

It's time lapsed video, it is actually so busy and fast moving you need a high speed cam rig to capture all the hustle and bustle. Kidding. Anytime Fofam claims all of Scarborough is in strong support of them, just show them the packed Scarborough office.

All the parties involved seems idiotic to me. Benoit seemed to want to get into a confrontation, Byers seems to have a violent outburst. I loathe Fofam, but Benoit's antics doesn't help, looks to me it wasn't a case of 'Oh I just innocently walked in to the office only once, and I immediately got beat up', his little stunt is neither funny or clever. It's a good start that Byers is charged, but let's get real here. FoFam seems to have a history of thuggish behaviours. But that doesn't automatically mean Benoit's stunt was all that innocent.

Yes it does seem idiotic but that's exactly the sort of thing that Ford Nation drives people to do. As I said long ago I am surprised no one has baited Rub or Tug. If I had the chance I would, get right up in their face and let hurl with the kind of invective they're known for dishing out, call Rub a useless cocksucker who's father would call him a loser, call Tug a spineless weasel, they'd react with violence, we've seen it before right in council. I'd gladly take a few punches to see these clowns carted off in cuffs even if the charges ended up dropped, just to show that they are NOT above the law in spite of what it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back