865     2 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 774     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 577     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
A while back someone coined a term for the brigade Singing Jimmy was in charge of based on his outfit and it was HILARIOUS, please if someone remembers it repost it, in honour of a defeated Foot Soldier in Ford Nation.

Rob Ford Rangers [sic - Jimmy was the only member]; it was Jimmy himself who came up with the name.

There's been some sort of incident at Ford's campaign headquarters. I'm sure we're going to find out it was a "Tory supporter" or something.

"Restricted area" of Scarb Ford HQ. Looks like someone tried to get into the meth lab.

But he's blaming Doug. I love when Doug is the bad guy :)

Jimmy may have dementia but it is not 100%.

He has always disliked Doug. (If you spit on Rob he would turn the other cheek. If you spit on Doug he would spit on you twice. - I'm paraphrasing here, but that is the gist of one of Jimmy's "sermons".)

Also, Jimmy stood up for the LGBT protesters at Scarb Ford Fest - picked up the pieces of their ripped up signs and brought them to CH taped back together, saying that the sign carriers had a right to speak out.

I agree that only gentle ribbing of Jimmy is in order:

Screen Shot 2014-09-03 at 6.17.38 PM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-03 at 6.17.38 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-09-03 at 6.17.38 PM.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 641
Last edited:
There's been some sort of incident at Ford's campaign headquarters. I'm sure we're going to find out it was a "Tory supporter" or something.
@cityfrancis 33m
NEW: A scuffle inside Ford's Scarborough campaign office lands one man in the back of a cop car.
Bwo8nUfIUAIjxGa.jpg

A while back someone coined a term for the brigade Singing Jimmy was in charge of based on his outfit and it was HILARIOUS, please if someone remembers it repost it, in honour of a defeated Foot Soldier in Ford Nation.

P.S. Singing Jimmy is a few fries short of a big sack attack meal, I almost feel sorry for him but I know he's gone to a better place, one where he throws Tug under the bus.

This one?
It appears to be the desert tans of the FNVEF (Ford Nation Volunteer Expeditionary Force).

The beret is CF Military Police (MP). The Canadian Forces button on the cap is handed out to kids at parades (here it is taking the place of a hat badge). The spare lid looks like a standard US army ball cap. The shirt is from the Canadian Army summer uniform that was discontinued in 1996. The epaulets are CF army standard, with what looks to be a unique arrangement of officer's pips - perhaps he holds the rank of Captain (slanted). The City of Toronto pin on the left epaulet is not part of any Commonwealth dress regulation. The shorts appear to have been acquired at no cost to the Crown, most likely via a haberdasher such as Sears or Zellers.

While not believed to be large in number, the FNVEF make up for their lack of organization, direction and training with barely-contained rage against the system, a fierce loyalty to their leader and a healthy supply of Depends.

Rob Ford as "Marathon Man"? NOT!!!

K and Everyone: This picture reminds me of Dustin Hoffman's character in the movie "Marathon Man"...

We do know that he is not running for a TTC bus or train...Does RF use the TTC on any regular basis?
I remember seeing his "rant" on his getting a TTC pass gratis as Mayor and how he considered it a benefit
that he would cut...I like the idea of a Mayor using a city's transit network - like NYC's Bill De Blasio and
Mike Bloomberg before him - to get an idea how transit affects a city's well being and mingle with riders...

They both realize that even having a vehicle and driver (a member of NYPD) at your constant service it
pays to travel on transit and stay out of traffic - especially prime-time Manhattan congestion...

LI MIKE

Last edited:
View attachment 32385

In Rob Ford's world, cops show up because of a person with a camera, but not for a Mayor drinking while driving.

How did I not know about this? It happened across the street!

The poor, ignored camping office...

Don Peat @reporterdonpeat
I'm told the man with the camera arrested at Rob Ford's Scarborough campaign office was wearing a Rob Ford mask #TOpoli

Last edited:
One of my old football teammates messaged me saying Ford randomly brought up my name at FordFest and told guys I'm a reporter with the Star. It's funny as he had no clue who I was 10 years ago when I interviewed him. And I doubt he remembered me long after that. I think his bff blames me for their problems!

It is amazing how the Ford will lie about anything to anyone. Crazy.

Does RF use the TTC on any regular basis?

No.

I like the idea of a Mayor using a city's transit network - like NYC's Bill De Blasio and
Mike Bloomberg before him - to get an idea how transit affects a city's well being and mingle with riders...

LI MIKE

( Former ) Mayor Miller still uses it. Same as he did when he was mayor going to his office at CH. I still see him regularly using the TTC.

Mayor Lastman had a chauffeur.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back