531     0 
News   Jul 02, 2024
 362     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doug is apparently moving to Chicago.

Ann Hui ‏@annhui 2m
Doug: "I wish everyone the best. If you're ever in Chicago, give me a call. That includes all my lefty friends," #topoli

Mindblowing. These fucking guys.

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 2m
Doug Ford says Mayor Rob Ford assured him being a councillor was a "part-time job" before he ran #TOpoli

So he takes direction from the guy who knows nothing about anything according to him?

Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 20s
Rob Ford on Doug Ford: "Queen's Park, you have no idea what's coming up to you next." Doug Ford hasn't announced a Queen's Park run.

Wait, I thought that Doug said he wasn't running as an MPP.

Robbie is being extra nice with the Don Bosco stories out.

Last edited:
Mindblowing. These fucking guys.

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 2m
Doug Ford says Mayor Rob Ford assured him being a councillor was a "part-time job" before he ran #TOpoli

So was Rob Ford paid part-time salary for the part-time job that he clearly did?

Doug is apparently moving to Chicago.

Ann Hui ‏@annhui 2m
Doug: "I wish everyone the best. If you're ever in Chicago, give me a call. That includes all my lefty friends," #topoli

Interesting - sounds like he is distancing himself from the heart of it all.

AoD

My post after that has a quote from Robbie saying that he is running as an MPP though.

Ann Hui ‏@annhui 24s
Doug Ford called the football allegations "fictitious," but would not respond when asked if he's accusing school board of lying

Doug denies all of the Don Bosco story.

Last edited:
With the latest Forum poll there is only one number to be concerned about...that is 33%... the number of voters who would entertain voting for R Ford....with a 2 point margin of error it is well within the realm of possiblitiy of R Ford reelection.. (remember the last poll was 28% with a 3 point margin)

Last edited:
Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 20s
Rob Ford on Doug Ford: "Queen's Park, you have no idea what's coming up to you next." Doug Ford hasn't announced a Queen's Park run.

Wait, I thought that Doug said he wasn't running as an MPP.

Robbie is being extra nice with the Don Bosco stories out.

Maybe Robbie's decided to run as an MPP when he fails to get re-elected as mayor.

Or Kathy. :D

So Bill Blair personally signed Rob Fords police records check in Sept 2012?
What about all the calls to his house concerning spousal abuse?
Drug connections? DUI Convictions?

What was he thinking?

With the latest Forum poll there is only one number to be concerned about...that is 33%...the the number of voters who would entertain voting for R Ford....with a 2 point margin of error it is well within the realm of possiblitiy of R Ford reelection.. (remember the last poll was 28% with a 3 point margin)

Ok maybe it's just my own impression here. The Globe and Star has the Don Boscoe story. CTV(?) quashed the rumor of Rofo in leading place in Forum poll. Today I was listening to some classical FM station, news snippet came on, and the guy said latest poll shows Rofo is the only candidate making any increase, he's up to 2nd place, nothing mentioned about Don Boscoe story. I know there is no one monolithic media. But jeebus christos man, what the hell.

It has been mentioned that it's not necessarily about low educated voters, but low info voters. But there seems to be an unhealthy dose of low info media as well.

Ok maybe it's just my own impression here. The Globe and Star has the Don Boscoe story. CTV(?) quashed the rumor of Rofo in leading place in Forum poll. Today I was listening to some classical FM station, news snippet came on, and the guy said latest poll shows Rofo is the only candidate making any increase, he's up to 2nd place, nothing mentioned about Don Boscoe story. I know there is no one monolithic media. But jeebus christos man, what the hell.

It has been mentioned that it's not necessarily about low educated voters, but low info voters. But there seems to be an unhealthy dose of low info media as well.
Low info voters make their decisions based on the odd headline and a news clip now and again. This drives me nuts. I have been known to yell at my car radio telling the news announcer to report the whole story. For example, the "bomb threat" at city hall -- CBC reports that there was a bomb threat so Potential Voter Person says "poor Rob, that's scary". What isn't reported is that Rob disregarded protocol and endangered lives in which case Potential Voter Person would think "gee, what a dick, this guy isn't fit to be mayor".

Media controls the message, and people lap it up.

What was he thinking?

you know, with all the stories coming out of people being denied jobs/entry into the US simply because of records of contact with the Toronto Police (even if no criminal behaviour was noted or charges laid) this really pisses me off.

What was he thinking?
The DUI was in Florida. Unfortunately, Rob has not been convicted of anything. Records checks don't show things like "he hangs out with friends with drug connections" or "there are a lot of 911 calls to his house".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back